2004 - 2008 F-150

GoPro video test

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoPro video test

Hey guys this is my first goPro video so i figured Id share. Its a bit long but there are some area where i take off for enjoyment. If you have base on your computer it really picks up that exhaust note. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/user/GraydonM.../5/r6Lz6m6WUJU

Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I like!
My favorite part is at 7:30 when you lay the pedal down.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by GA4x4Screw
I like!
My favorite part is at 7:30 when you lay the pedal down.
Thanks more to come

Old 08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Very Cool! I've been playing with the GoPro HD Motorsports camera for a while on my track bike and they take great footage and can take a beating. When you get enough footage of different mounts, mix it up and make a multi-mount compilation. You get all kinds of different speed perspectives from different viewpoints.

I don't have anything mounted on vehicles but here is a compilation I did for my track bike. I am running pretty much the same times in all views but you really get a sense of the speed and lean angles from the rear end shot looking forward on a 140+ mph back stretch run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJi2SPY8Og

You also get some unexpected moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4--fNnukc&NR=1

And another from the camera on my Wife's in the backstretch where a guy highsided at about 120 in front of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2uNQdmKde8

Your truck has a great sound also! I don't think I'll be getting that out of my Ecoboost.

Last edited by Gogators93; 08-17-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Damn that sounds good... been thinking about an XR-1 for mine

Old 08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Very nice. Have any pics of where and how you mounted it?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Gogators93
Very Cool! I've been playing with the GoPro HD Motorsports camera for a while on my track bike and they take great footage and can take a beating. When you get enough footage of different mounts, mix it up and make a multi-mount compilation. You get all kinds of different speed perspectives from different viewpoints.

I don't have anything mounted on vehicles but here is a compilation I did for my track bike. I am running pretty much the same times in all views but you really get a sense of the speed and lean angles from the rear end shot looking forward on a 140+ mph back stretch run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJi2SPY8Og

You also get some unexpected moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4--fNnukc&NR=1

And another from the camera on my Wife's in the backstretch where a guy highsided at about 120 in front of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2uNQdmKde8

Your truck has a great sound also! I don't think I'll be getting that out of my Ecoboost.
Those vids are awesome! my buddy is getting into the track racing with his bike and he was the first to put me onto the goPro. Makes me miss my bike but glad I never took a fall like that. Thanks for the comments and sharing your vids. Are you up in Gainsville?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Damn that sounds good... been thinking about an XR-1 for mine
Thanks, I love them. I will probably buy them for every car/truck in the future. Great note compared to all other set-ups ive run in the past.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by LEDF150
Very nice. Have any pics of where and how you mounted it?
I do actually. Ill have to get them up on here tomorrow. Have to get up pretty early so Ill try to upload them when I get some free time.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Old 08-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by WhiteRoush3
Those vids are awesome! my buddy is getting into the track racing with his bike and he was the first to put me onto the goPro. Makes me miss my bike but glad I never took a fall like that. Thanks for the comments and sharing your vids. Are you up in Gainsville?
Thanks man. I'm in Jacksonville and ride at JenningsGP which is a two mile roadcourse off I-75 a couple of miles before you get into Georgia.

That crash was an easy "Slide into home plate" lowside for me. The gopro came off and got stuck in the dirt and the bike kept going for about 5 more rolls so it got beat up pretty good and had to have a major rebuild. The camera didn't get hurt at all. The guy that highsided in front of my wife unfortunately made a trip to the ER with a broken collar bone and some ribs and foot damage.

Last edited by Gogators93; 08-18-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Gogators93
Thanks man. I'm in Jacksonville and ride at JenningsGP which is a two mile roadcourse off I-75 a couple of miles before you get into Georgia.

That crash was an easy "Slide into home plate" lowside for me. The gopro came off and got stuck in the dirt and the bike kept going for about 5 more rolls so it got beat up pretty good and had to have a major rebuild. The camera didn't get hurt at all. The guy that highsided in front of my wife unfortunately made a trip to the ER with a broken collar bone and some ribs and foot damage.
I see, Im from Jacksonville so I have a lot of friends from there and who go to UF that are always going up there but less for riding and more for on the water.

Yeah your bike looked like it took quite a beating but rather that then what the other guy got like you said.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn man that sounds incredible. The XR-1 really sounds well with the Ford modular blocks. Such a clean deep toned note. The LTs help it even better. Very nice!!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Damn man that sounds incredible. The XR-1 really sounds well with the Ford modular blocks. Such a clean deep toned note. The LTs help it even better. Very nice!!
Thanks Darren, check out the exhaust forum soon. I am working on a quick vid I shot today aimed towards the exhaust to try and catch some of the sound.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by WhiteRoush3
How exactly does this mount to your truck?
Does it come off easy and clean?

And how much did one of these cameras run?

Your videos have inspired me to get one

Quick Reply: GoPro video test