2004 - 2008 F-150

Rubber cowling trim below windshield- 2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by code58
Recieved mine yesterday aand installed 'em today. They fit and look just like the original. Really quality, unusual for aftermarket, cudoo's to the guy making those.
I asked this q? earlier in the thread;the guy that is selling these,is he the one making them or is he getting them from somewhere else?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He found the little side street shop that makes them somewhere in China. Good for him. We can finally get them is what matters.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He maintains his own website: cowlends.com

Old 10-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I asked this q? earlier in the thread;the guy that is selling these,is he the one making them or is he getting them from somewhere else?
I think he just found a big box of 'em along side of the road and no one claimed 'em so he's selling 'em. Beats just throwing 'em away.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A little masking tape some black silicone and some spit on the finger and its done. 15 minutes max

Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by projetmech
A little masking tape some black silicone and some spit on the finger and its done. 15 minutes max
Getto fix!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by code58
Getto fix!
It actually looks better than the one on the other side that is still intact. When I get a few minutes I am going to do the other side.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:53 PM
A good option

Originally Posted by Blue_Blood
$20 for two little pieces of rubber... that's hard to do...
I thought so, at first, but ordered them anyway, because, like someone said, there was definitely an effort to get the molds setup and the alternatives are more expensive.

Let me give an unsolicited testimony for cowlends.com. I had a problem, caused by my wife (let's leave it at that ;-) ) and Mike and Kim helped me out in a big way even though they didn't need to. Other companies would have said, "too bad, so sad," but they came through. I know they are a small company, which makes it all the more impressive. Good karma for them--if you were at all on the fence about getting these, I hope this changes your mind. I don't know them other than from purchasing cowl ends from them, but I hope they decide to make other products I need, because I would gladly purchase from them!

Old 10-06-2013, 01:39 PM
End pieces for F150 cowling

Hi to all, please follow installation instructions at www.cowlends.com, if you try to just press parts on from above they will not fit correctly and may blow off. Very easy to install correctly, takes less than 5 minutes to achieve proper fit and protect your investment. Parts are NOT from China or found on roadside. They are made by auto plastics firm to our specs and took a year and a half of prototyping to get them just right. I have them on my 05 Lariat Supercrew so I don't just sell them, I use my own product! Thanks to all who gave kind words of support, we try very hard to do right by people. Don't want to abuse your forum so if any questions about these parts you may call us toll free at 855-4-COWLENDS (855-426-9536) or visit us at Cowlends.com
michael@cowlends.com

Old 10-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Amazing find (this thread).

This guy probably owned an F150, had them disintegrate on his truck and ran into the same frustration (finding the parts not serviced separately by Ford). His response? Make 'em himself -- and get us to help him pay for his investment in the molds and other stuff used to make these. I say -- Good for him! I hope he makes a ton of money filling a need that Ford failed to address.

My 2005 sits outside most of the time at 8200 feet above sea level. The sun here in the Rockies is brutal on plastic parts and these little fillers have turned to dust a couple of years ago.

I have a related problem: My entire cowl grill is cracked from being UV weakened and chipping ice off it during the winter. Any good source of used or new ones that are less expensive than my dealer?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Just installed mine. Great product! Thanks!!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cowlman
Parts are NOT from China or found on roadside.
You're no fun to play along with.

(I like mine, too, by the way...no 15 minutes max ghetto job here. If I spent 15 minutes on this, it was for the last ten minutes staring at the job because it was so easy and look good, too.)

Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Cowl Ends

Originally Posted by AZDesertRat
The rubber pieces between the windshield cowling and the front fenders cracked and fell apart on my 2006. I went to the dealer and they told me thy don't sell just the rubber trim pieces. Its $190 for one side and $160 for the other cowling pieces! I thought he was joking.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket trim piece that would fit? If not it looks like a tube of black RTV should make a good substitute.
Just received a pair of new Cowl Ends from cowlends.com. The $20. price for the pair included shipping. Installation time appox 1 minute each. Received in the mail in 3 days.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by mrgem
Amazing find (this thread).

I have a related problem: My entire cowl grill is cracked from being UV weakened and chipping ice off it during the winter. Any good source of used or new ones that are less expensive than my dealer?
About the best I know if is tascaparts.com
http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/2006...agramCallOut=1

They are $66.95 a side for a total of $133.90 + shipping
Local dealer MSRP is $101.43 a side for a total of $202.86 (unless they cut you deal)

So its replace the end piece its: 1) cowlends.com ..........or
To replace the whole cowl its: 1) tascaparts.com or 2) local dealer....... your choice

Last edited by duckduke; 10-25-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by cowlman
Hi to all, please follow installation instructions at www.cowlends.com, if you try to just press parts on from above they will not fit correctly and may blow off. Very easy to install correctly, takes less than 5 minutes to achieve proper fit and protect your investment. Parts are NOT from China or found on roadside. They are made by auto plastics firm to our specs and took a year and a half of prototyping to get them just right. I have them on my 05 Lariat Supercrew so I don't just sell them, I use my own product! Thanks to all who gave kind words of support, we try very hard to do right by people. Don't want to abuse your forum so if any questions about these parts you may call us toll free at 855-4-COWLENDS (855-426-9536) or visit us at Cowlends.com
michael@cowlends.com
Glad to hear you sourced from the USA.

Mine won't blow off regardless... I put a couple drops of adhesive on the undersides. Then I painted the entire cowls. All matches, and no more gray plastic.

Thanks again for the product.

Quick Reply: Rubber cowling trim below windshield- 2006