2004 - 2008 F-150

Electric fan controller breakthrough!

Old 08-17-2016, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric fan controller breakthrough!

Ok, maybe not a breakthrough, but I got fed up trying to find a controller for my efan mod (looking to install 2010 dual fans in my '08) that wasn't (a) $269 painless F5, (b) unreliable $89 Derale, (c) Dccontrols poor customer service and unfortunately all the other good ones are not being made anymore.

I really wanted to run the dual fans in series to give me low speed, then switch to parallel for high speed & A/C override. To DIY all the relays and wiring would be a pain, I plotted it all out as I work with electronics.

Then I found this little guy. http://www.entropyrad.com/lsx-series...ontroller.html

I've been searching for quite a while and never saw this come up until last night. Adjustable dual temp triggers, switches series/parallel for 2 speeds out of dual fans, A/C override, recommended for fans running OVER 20A each under normal load. Price shipped with pigtails as it's made to use their brand fans: $164.

I'll update and let y'all know how it goes. This seems to me like the perfect 2010 dual fan controller under $200. I'll have less than $300 into it total with fans and able to run dual speeds with a super-clean install.

Wish me luck & I'll be back soon with pics.

BTW: I'm not affiliated with the company at all. My primary reason for going electric is poor A/C performance at idle, better MPG and more power will be a plus.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Watching this thread I am ....... THANKS for posting!

Old 08-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by tbear853
Watching this thread I am ....... THANKS for posting!
The irony, legit watching Star Wars right now

Also watching. Been thinking of doing this mod as well.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:48 PM
Thanks for watching! I thought there would be more interest as the really good controller MFGs have left us to our own devices for a few years now.

Anyway, the controller should be here Monday. I called my local Ford-only salvage yard and they have a set of 2010 F150 fans with pigtails for $125. A little pricey for used but about half of new OEM. And those connectors are stupid expensive.

I will order a radiator hose adapter off Amazon for the temp sensor along with a 3/8 NPT tap and enlarge the hole since they all come in 1/8 as far as I can tell.

Anyone know the radiator hose ID?

Pics will come when I get the controller and I'll do a step-by-step when I get the rest.

My factory radio died today out of the blue. Stuff like that only happens while I'm working on another project. Oh-well... Not like I needed a reason to upgrade but I have one now... luckily my exhaust sounds pretty.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Steveness
Ok, maybe not a breakthrough, but I got fed up trying to find a controller for my efan mod (looking to install 2010 dual fans in my '08) that wasn't (a) $269 painless F5, (b) unreliable $89 Derale, (c) Dccontrols poor customer service and unfortunately all the other good ones are not being made anymore.

I really wanted to run the dual fans in series to give me low speed, then switch to parallel for high speed & A/C override. To DIY all the relays and wiring would be a pain, I plotted it all out as I work with electronics.

Then I found this little guy. http://www.entropyrad.com/lsx-series...ontroller.html

I've been searching for quite a while and never saw this come up until last night. Adjustable dual temp triggers, switches series/parallel for 2 speeds out of dual fans, A/C override, recommended for fans running OVER 20A each under normal load. Price shipped with pigtails as it's made to use their brand fans: $164.

I'll update and let y'all know how it goes. This seems to me like the perfect 2010 dual fan controller under $200. I'll have less than $300 into it total with fans and able to run dual speeds with a super-clean install.

Wish me luck & I'll be back soon with pics.

BTW: I'm not affiliated with the company at all. My primary reason for going electric is poor A/C performance at idle, better MPG and more power will be a plus.
Following

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electric fan controller breakthrough!