Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Frozen windshield washer nozzles? >

Frozen windshield washer nozzles?

2004 - 2008 F-150

Frozen windshield washer nozzles?

Old 01-27-2019, 11:43 PM
Thumbs up

I add rubbing alcohol (90%-16 oz.) to my reservoir. Ever since I have started doing this, no more frozen reservoir, lines, or nozzles.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by glc View Post
California does not even permit the sale of anything but +32 fluid except in certain counties.
I have never heard of that. I'm blissfully ignorant. Most of the time, I just use water. Now i want to go to an auto parts store, just to look around to see what they have. Same way I've always heard of anti-freeze vs coolant, but never cared. I just use whatever the owners manual specifies. Never once, have i considered using an aftermarket radiator fluid, since none of those multi-vehicle solutions is going to offer any cooling or performance gains.

I do use Rain X. Just mix it with the water.

I have also seen people adding cooling additives to their track cars. But I've never needed it in my street cars. I guess nobody else here has issues with hot running engines or freezing anti-freeze in the winter.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:56 PM
glc
I have never heard of that.
Only in Wackyfornia.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/consprod/regact/awwf/awwf.htm

Old 01-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Corrupt-afornia

Old 01-29-2019, 10:33 PM
you probably need to get into a warm garage & get that old fluid out of the resivour....then put in some -40 (-40 is the same in either faranheit or celsius ) remember any a cold temp. outside as in -20 will increase your cold/chill facter as you drive faster !!!!!!

Old 01-29-2019, 11:41 PM
glc
Wind chill doesn't lower the actual temperature. It only causes things to chill to the actual temperature faster. If you have -40 fluid, it won't freeze as long as the actual temperature stays above -40 no matter how fast you are driving.

Most winter fluids down here are only good to -25F.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Frozen windshield washer nozzles?

Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: