2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 F150 Screw and happy so far

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 F150 Screw and happy so far

Hey guys n gals,

Haven't posted here in forever, pop in now and again to see the latest on how to get the spark plugs out, still haven't done it yet, too skeeerd.

Anyways 75,000 pretty light miles, some towing, no offroad, that's what the Jeep is for. My thoughts so far:

All 4 corners brake pads replaced, wtf is up with that? dinky single piston calipers seem really chintzy, but, new pads, stops fine.

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I've been running the FL820S and Motorcraft Synth blend from the beginning!!!! After reading about the cam phaser issues my first thought is anyone that tried to run any other oil is now screwed and I'm betting those oil passages are the reason. (yea I've been to Bitog and I'm kindof an oil ****)

Spark Plugs I guess the latest is carb clean, that and I've noticed the trend that the matco tool brakes the plugs but the lisle tool is the best at getting them out. Carb clean and soak for how long? Days. I got a trick I'm going to try too, Liquid wrench--normally just a lube not a penetrant has a NON flammable spray lube and penetrant in the light blue can. Everything else out there is wicked (yea I'm from MA) flammable. Aero kroil too I guess is the goods.

Otherwise, valves/injectors/lash thingies all ticking away fine at 75K, hope I didn't just jinx myself. Maybe I'll wait another 25K to see if the holy grail of extraction techniques comes along for the plugs???

Most joyus and festive happy non-denominational holiday time of year to you all!!!!

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 Screw and happy so far