2004 - 2008 F-150

My truck isnt proportional, need help what to do, photos attached. 2007 SCrew Reg Box

Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
It looks fine, but the wheels and tire combo is pretty ugly.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blueovelboy
its the two tone paint that dose it
Sorry we had an election last night so I was busy with that. Actually this is exactly what another guy pointed out on my forum. He suggested just changing the colour of my fenders is a huge improvement.

I love it. So I think I am going to get 35mm spacers and put some flares on her and paint them this way. That is really all it needed I think. Other thing too is that I may drop the rear back down to stock.

Originally Posted by jhoop03
Looks great as is, but what would really set it off is a set of 20s with less backspace, to give it a little wider stance, and a more aggressive 35" tire. Love the 6ft bed, I too think the 5.5ft look very unproportional. Just my opinion though...Good luck.

Dont get me wrong I love my truck. I wont be trading it for the 5.5 ft box. Just something about it doesnt look quite right is all. I think for now I will throw on some spacers (as these tires are almost brand new) and if I like it then I will grab some 20's with a better offset.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It doesn't look right because the 5.5' bed is a much more common setup, so you are used to seeing that everywhere on the road. I have a supercrew with 6.5' bed and I used to feel the same way. I thought it looked really weird before I got a level kit and larger tires. When it had the rake, it made the back end look even longer. Now that it's level, I love the look. It's a good size truck, biggest F150 offered.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:36 PM
needs more aggressive looking tires, and put the white walls out

Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 PM
i think its the two tone paint, or go with a bigger wheel and wider tires

Old 10-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Look's better then this useless short bed.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Longshot270
Lowering it will probably give you a red "dutchshun" look.
What the Hell is a dutchshun?

I think you meant to say Dachshund...

My Dachshund with a 5.5 bed...

And my Dachshund...

Old 10-20-2010, 12:45 AM
put a toolbox on it. it will make the bed look shorter. sorta like an optical illusion

Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Looks Great

Your truck looks great to me, only thing I would do is like others have said; add just a little more rake and drop the step bars/running boards.

Run those tires out and when it's time to replace them, go with a more aggressive tread pattern.

Looks good! Great Job ...

Nitrox

Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys. I think I am going to order these spacers and will be happy with it for now. I saw a few Rams and F250's and I think it is that my wheels are tucked up and under my truck, they need to stick out a bit.

Will post pictures once they are on.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Spacers

Originally Posted by the_cosworth
Thanks guys. I think I am going to order these spacers and will be happy with it for now. I saw a few Rams and F250's and I think it is that my wheels are tucked up and under my truck, they need to stick out a bit.

Will post pictures once they are on.
I would personally stay away from spacers, in my opinion I think they are dangerous.

I would just stay with what you have; save a little money then pick out a nice wheel and tire package with more backspacing.

Nitrox

Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Honestly, i like it! Its just because the 5.5 Screw bed is proportionate to the length of the cab. With the longer bed, its just a little stretched compared to the cab. Sometimes I wish I had the longer bed!

Dont wrry about it! Keep on truckin!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Nitrox
I would personally stay away from spacers, in my opinion I think they are dangerous.

I would just stay with what you have; save a little money then pick out a nice wheel and tire package with more backspacing.

Nitrox
I have done the calculation and assuming that the spacers are not the washer type (the one that you actually get new lugs) the forces on the existing suspension and lugs is identical to a set of rims with identical back spacing and weight.

Thanks for the concern but unless you buy junk (non hub centric) or the ones that DONT replace studs they are perfectly safe.

Originally Posted by Fio835
Honestly, i like it! Its just because the 5.5 Screw bed is proportionate to the length of the cab. With the longer bed, its just a little stretched compared to the cab. Sometimes I wish I had the longer bed!

Dont wrry about it! Keep on truckin!

That makes sense. I love my bed. I really do. I think people are thinking I am making a bid deal out of this when I am not. I just like to mod my truck but at the same time would like to make it more proportional. It isnt like I am going to dump it because of the way it looks.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Well spacers came today. Great news is that it looks sick! Exactly what I needed.

Bad news is that they had to come off. The tires are too big and it tore off part of the trim (flare). I either need a 1.5" one which requires cutting of the lugs, new rims, or smaller tires. None are appealing to me right now. Looks like they will live in my garage until I get a bit smaller tires (currently 285/75/18 so anything is smaller LOL) and then they will go back on.

Before:

After:

It may not look like much but it looks great.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Dude, I love the look of your truck, I wish mine was a Crew Cab, yours looks really impressive! Almost like a Super-Duty, it just looks big... And I think 04-08 crew cabs will never look "proportional" because of the short front doors. The 09+ have about a 6' longer door (super cab door) and that really helps the crew cabs with 6.5" box look more "proportional" IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My truck isnt proportional, need help what to do, photos attached. 2007 SCrew Reg Box