2004 - 2008 F-150

2006 F150 Lariatt - Cruise Control stopped working?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 f150. Cruise control stopped working. Try this!!

I was cleaning my truck. Adjusted the tilt steering. Cruise stopped working. Read on forums how it could be related to brakes. Pulled up on my emergency brake lever. Fixed the problem!! TA DA!!

Old 04-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Try pulling on emergency brake lever. Fixed my. Raise control problem.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:55 PM
Exclamation 2007 Ford F150 Cruise Control not working

I have been researching the Ford threads trying to determine why my F150's cruise control would no longer work after installing a new 2 din radio. The only steering wheel controls that I had were for the cruise control. I have just purchased the truck and the cruise control worked properly before installing my radio. After installing the radio with a Metra wiring kit, the cruise control was no longer working. I read about a person reinstalling the radio to trouble shoot the problem. The factory radio had two plugs which were eliminated to one plug with the Metra kit. Thinking the absence of the second plug was related to the problem, I plugged the radio into the harness to see if the problem would correct. This did not solve the problem, so I replaced the cruise control termination switch located on the brake pedal assembly. This did not correct my problem. Since acquiring the truck I had to replace my rear tail lamp bulbs since they were burned out. After reading this thread I checked the third lamp and sure enough its burned out. Tomorrow morning I will replace the third lamp and report whether or not this solved my problem.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:08 PM
I have the same problem. I initially though it was because of a recent stereo installation but after having to replace two of my rear lamps and a 4x4 solenoid I discovered this third lamp was also burned out. I will be checking it out in the morning to see if it fixes my problem.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:19 PM
Thumbs up Cruise control not working - Fixed

I had installed an aftermarket stereo and my cruise control was not working afterwards. Initially thought I needed to connect something from the second harness that was connected to my factory radio. My only steering wheel control was the cruise control. After reading through the threads, I attempted to fix the problem by replacing the cruise control switch located on the brake assembly. Cost to replace this piece was approximately $10.00. This did not fix the problem. Another thread stated that there was a brake pressure switch located on the master cylinder. My 2007 Ford F150 did not have such a switch on the master cylinder so didn't look any further for it. A third thread listed a probable problem as the third brake light being burned out. Mine was burned out so I replaced it. After replacing it this did not fix the problem. Another thread listed the emergency brake as a possible problem. The fix for this problem was simply lifting the emergency brake all the way up while releasing it. Well believe it or not this was the problem and fixed my cruise control. So if you have a 2007 F150 with only the cruise control steering wheel control, your Metra connector will not require you to do anything to the second harness of the stock radio. So if your cruise control is not working and the only steering wheel control is the cruise control on a 2007 F150 X4 check these items:

Emergency brake in the full upright position
Cruise control disconnect switch located on the brake pedal housing
Check for burned out third brake light
Check for burned out brake lamps - It was noted that LED lamp may also cause your cruise control circuit to malfunction

I hope this information was helpful.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:19 PM
I know this post is super old, but just wanted to share in case someone else comes along and needs help lol. I checked brake light, and changed the switch that is mounted to the brake pedal. Got to reading about park brake. Well, my light is stuck on, so I never gave that any thought. I pulled the release and it moved ever so slightly and wal-lah. Cruise control is back! Lol

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 Lariatt - Cruise Control stopped working?