2004 - 2008 F-150

Need Some EGR Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some EGR Help

Before you all bash on me, yes I've searched here extensively and am unable to resolve my problem. My vehicle is a 2005 F150 XLT 4.6 2WD. With that said here is my dilemma - I pulled a P0401 code the other day. After searching this forum I concluded that my best bet would be to replace the DPFE sensor. I went to Rock Auto dot com and purchased said sensor (see below)

Opened my hood last Friday and could not locate a part that looks like the one they sent me. Searched here again for a location and every thread that I've read says it's above the drivers side valve cover. This is what is in that area (see below)

After the threads I've read regarding the P0401 code most have said a good cleaning will usually fix the problem. I pulled the throttle body and thoroughly cleaned it. Disassembled the EGR unit completely and cleaned it as well. Drove it around the block and to work today and still the light on the dash is lit and it still has a hesitation at partial throttle. If anyone has any information as to the location of the DPFE, if in fact I have such a part on my truck, or any different ideas of what to try next I would appreciate it.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Anybody? Nobody? Bueller?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
The part you purchased I'm not sure exactly but on the 1997-2004(heritage) is located on the drivers side just above the valve cover but off of the throttle body, the part you saw on your truck may have been one of those parts they changed between the heritage model and the newer Fseries model.

If I can come up with anything else I'll let you know

Quick Reply: Need Some EGR Help