2004 - 2008 F-150

Official what did you do to your truck today thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yellow stx
I watched my wife drive off in it loaded with baby crap (not literally) that's going to a sale and not coming back cause I've moved it out of the basement 4 times now. Strict instructions "NO DRIVETHRUS" cause she likes to curb my tires and she will die if she screws up my wheels, lol
Sounds Loving... haha

Old 04-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it count if I have been working constantly since the first of this year?

-Black Headliner with paint to match (dashcore color) overhead rail system.
-Redid the sound system components with new Kicker SX components and moved the tweeters to different locations front and rear.
-Installed and worked out all the kinks associated with the new National Springs.
-Re-installed the reworked King coilovers.
-Full on show season detail! The paint has depth, gloss, and feels smoother than butter again!
-Painted the rear axle, exhaust piping, and other misc. stuff on the undercarriage as well as the radiator. Then shined the hell out of the undercarriage for show season.
-Complete brake overhaul with Wagner TQ pads and powerslot rotors. The rotors and calipers are now painted bright red too.

I know I have missed some stuff in that list, I really haven't been keeping up with myself and what I do lately. Currently I'm planning how I want to redo my air horn system, looking to buy tires in the coming months, and looking to overhaul the driveline since the new springs have caused some issues...Other than that I have just been enjoying every minute of show season 2010!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Ordered a full set of Infinity Speakers from Cruthfield today. Thanks to the "how to's" it should be a breeze to replace em'

Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Replaced the brake hardware few hours ago. The 2 V-springs on pass side front that hold pads away from rotors fell off last week. Hearing the pads rub the rotors made me cringe! Plus it can't be good for the pads. All good now tho!

Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
yeah you can list stuff, its just supposed to be per day stuff. driving it counts. you can just post what you did with or concerning your truck that day. i just did lexol to my seats. cleaner then conditioner.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:05 PM
After the kids are in bed...I'm going to wash it.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Shanks12
Sounds Loving... haha
Yea she's alright though, guess I"ll let her live

Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 AM
After work yesterday I washed it and removed the pinstripes.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by yellow stx
I Strict instructions "NO DRIVETHRUS" cause she likes to curb my tires and she will die if she screws up my wheels, lol
That's funny. I was looking at my wifes tires this week as she needs new ones on her edge. (New michelins will be put on next Saturday. Gotta steal on them from her pops). Anyway, I noticed a huge gouge in her tire and then curb rash all over the right rear(?). Thank goodness my truck has 33s and rolls over the curbs.

Today I will be installing a relay in the auxillary back-up lights I put on last weekend. We (Me, the truck, and a bottle of dawn) will also be making a trip to the local carwash because someone at work threw something heavy on a bottle of oil I had in the bed and I have oil all in my bed.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by 1st4x4
That's funny. I was looking at my wifes tires this week as she needs new ones on her edge. (New michelins will be put on next Saturday. Gotta steal on them from her pops). Anyway, I noticed a huge gouge in her tire and then curb rash all over the right rear(?). Thank goodness my truck has 33s and rolls over the curbs.

Today I will be installing a relay in the auxillary back-up lights I put on last weekend. We (Me, the truck, and a bottle of dawn) will also be making a trip to the local carwash because someone at work threw something heavy on a bottle of oil I had in the bed and I have oil all in my bed.
Those 22x9 rims leave no sidewall if you drop one it will fall face down and scratch em

Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 PM
drove it to work. thats about it. might play with it later on some.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Today I drove it about 70 miles and while I was driving our daughter tried out one of the newest mods, DVD players installed in the headrests. Then I towed our camper about 5 miles from storage to my house. After that I parked it back in the garage and installed a new tinted 3rd brake light, so I now have all the new tinted brake lights installed. So it was a good day with the truck, but the day took a down hill turn when I started washing the camper...

Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Went to our cabin on the river and had a couple spare hours and cleaned the carpets that were long over due....

Old 04-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Yesterday re-gooped all my black plastic-finally got around to doing the bed rail covers. Today hauled home the last of the tools to start on the spark plugs tomorrow.

Haven't ordered up a Lisle kit yet-is not my DD so it can sit for awhile if it needs to...

Old 04-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Scrubbed and painted the frame. Then took one of my wheels off, sanded the "windows" and painted them black. Turned out nice, left the face polished. Going to look stupid till next weekend when i can do the other three. Just ordered 5100s for all four corners so ill have something to do while the paint dries..

Yesterday I blasted my chrome step tubes and painted them with bed liner.

Quick Reply: Official what did you do to your truck today thread.