F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   FORCED to sell (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/409080-forced-sell.html)

fomoco466 03-05-2010 05:46 PM

FORCED to sell

Hey all thanks for everything this site has given...now I need some input. I JUST got told, I'm getting voluntold to Cali for 4 years. I have a 07 Escape, 99 Expy(paid for) 08 FX4 Screw, 24 ft Bayliner, 99 Husky 250R....I only get paid to bring 1 rig with me (if I move the whole fam) if I leave them here, and I go then I have to pay for my own room ect... and the 500+ for my truck payment will come in handy, and I can drive my Expy.... I'll be going on sea duty, so the truck will see little miles over the next 4 yrs, and I don't want it to sit....I DO have a warr till 100K...but the years will run out before then....it only has 8750 miles on it now, and alot of mods.....what would you all do? Sell the truck and pocket the $$ if I move the fam I'll HAVE to sell
House
1 Rig
Boat. just sold my lil boat, and my Honda Magna..... I'm racking my brain to get the best way to handle thi all. The wife is screwed no matter what I do. I just got back a while ago from getting sent to Iraq for 346 days on 2 day notice.... the 08 Screw was my welcome back gift from the wife...even though I pay for it, :rolleyes:

Think I can get 29K for a 08 FX4 Screw 6.5 bed, 5.4, MAC CAI, Saleen rear exit exhaust with 3 1/2 in stainless tips, 2" level, OEM 20's, 3:73's, Roush upper and lower grilles, pollished aluminum tow hooks, tint, audiophile system, 10.2 in DVD player, Tri fold cover, sprayed in liner, factory painted PTM flares, 09 Tow mirrors w/ PTM caps, Mark LT handles, rubber floor liners, custom blue LED interior conversion with custom blue cluster, and oh yea 8850 miles, with ext warr till 100K!!!

05BlackFX4 03-06-2010 08:44 PM

sell private party to get the money back from your rig....or part it out and sell to dealership.

I think 29K is reasonable.. would have to look around at prices on the 09-10's though...I haven't kept up to date on the prices.

06lariat4x4 03-06-2010 09:13 PM

yeah i agree with 05blackfx4 sell privatly or part it out. if you part out let me know i have my eye on some stuff. but sorry to hear i am in the navy i feel ya on the voluntold stuff hehe. best of luck to ya hope everything turns out ok.

fomoco466 03-10-2010 11:03 PM

I think I got it...

OK, here is what I think were gonna do.... I'm striping the mods off my truck, except the exhaust (due to having to cut one part to put on the Saleen) sell the mods, sell my truck back to the dealership, and get my 26,700 from them and the return of my ext warr. 2,000.... pay off the loan@27K

Then trade in the wifes 07 Escape and put her in The 08 Expedition limited I test drove today... loaded with EVERYTHING, low miles and was a leased by a local biz that i contacted and got the full down low about the truck.... 50K truck for 36,500
http://www.f150forum.com/members/fom...la61327-01.jpg

after I get that for her (kids are getting to big for the escape) I'll drive my 99 Expy to CA and keep it there for the next 3 years untill i get done with those orders.

I still have to sell my boat (so it wont sit for 3 years) and I'll sell the house after I get back off cruise and find the wife and kids a place to stay why it sells. They will rent till I find out where I'm going next.... after that I will buy the house I want to keep till I die in it!

ddellwo 03-10-2010 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by fomoco466 (Post 4120732)
Think I can get 29K for a 08 FX4 Screw 6.5 bed, 5.4, MAC CAI, Saleen rear exit exhaust with 3 1/2 in stainless tips, 2" level, OEM 20's, 3:73's, Roush upper and lower grilles, pollished aluminum tow hooks, tint, audiophile system, 10.2 in DVD player, Tri fold cover, sprayed in liner, factory painted PTM flares, 09 Tow mirrors w/ PTM caps, Mark LT handles, rubber floor liners, custom blue LED interior conversion with custom blue cluster, and oh yea 8850 miles, with ext warr till 100K!!!

No.

Tylus 03-11-2010 11:26 AM

Feel your pain about unwanted orders. I'm stuck out here in Hawaii for 8 yrs...never wanted to come here in the first place

Btw, I paid $38,000 for my Expy El Limited brand new. And that is out here.

The price of that Expy is about $5-10k overpriced...even for NorF*ck. I would honestly keep the truck and ditch the Suv. You ate going to get raped by the
Dealership...which might be why that Expy is so high. They are probably over-inflating your Trucks value to entice you in.

just want you to fully think it out. I've been a CFS for a few years and constantly see guys get bent over by car decisions

Originally Posted by fomoco466 (Post 4128812)
Then trade in the wifes 07 Escape and put her in The 08 Expedition limited I test drove today... loaded with EVERYTHING, low miles and was a leased by a local biz that i contacted and got the full down low about the truck.... 50K truck for 36,500
!

ab46501 03-11-2010 11:56 AM

I think if you do decide to sell the truck parting out is a good idea. Most mods really don't add much book value to a vehicle. It's a tough situation you are in for sure! I would really think it over no matter what before making a final decision on what to sell or keep. Thanks for your service!

fomoco466 03-11-2010 02:25 PM

expy price

They are giving me payoff for my truck, that was before I even looked at the Expy! I just saw it lastnight on the lot. NADA for it is 38K plus after they take my Escape off my hands, they are helping me out.... I've got 3 rigs from them and will bounce all the #'s first

I have a slew of things to sell if this goes through....alot of stuff I never even had the chance to put on.
09 tow mirrors, signal mirrors, billet tow hooks, blue cluster and light swap stuff, MAC 3 1/2 CAI, OEM black/grey seat covers, audiophile system, fire and ice brake light (new), smoked headlights(new), grille?? ,painted OEM flares, Mark LT handles, 09 badges, handle covers, saleen exhaust... alot of parts I never got to install.

Tylus 03-12-2010 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by fomoco466 (Post 4129584)
They are giving me payoff for my truck, that was before I even looked at the Expy! I just saw it lastnight on the lot. NADA for it is 38K plus after they take my Escape off my hands, they are helping me out.... I've got 3 rigs from them and will bounce all the #'s first

holy crap...I went and booked mine out on Nada...$35,000 trade and $39,000 retail with about 9,000 miles

maybe that 2012 Expy with 6.2 or the new 5.0 motor is a reality :devil:

amazing how the price used is more now than what I paid for it brand new less than 1 yr ago

kankles747 03-12-2010 01:26 AM

well im interested in those tow mirrors, and oem flares if you need a buyer let me know

fomoco466 03-12-2010 08:45 AM

flares

the flares are ON the truck. i just had them done, the fatory ones were turning chalky, I paid the diff got the Smooth ones and had the dealership paint and install them...so I'd need the OEM ones to put back on before these could come off. To all reading this post....I have to get this truck back to stock, so i can get it cleaned and into the dealership ASAP.... a guy at work is interested in alot fo the mods, and I'll install all his switches ect to put the interior back to green.... and I'll UN mod my cluster with parts I have from another FX cluster I have... cause I need it still to reflect the 9K miles.
just off the top of my heads here are some parts I will be listing....

SMOKED HEADS (NEW IN THE BOX)
OEM HEADS
FIRE @ ICE BRAKE LIGHT
08 SIGNAL MIRRORS....NEED STOCK POWER TO REPLACE WITH
09 TOW MIRRORS....." "
SET OF OEM TOW MIRROR CAPS
BILLET TOW HOOKS
CHROME HANDLES COVERS(NEW)
09 FX4 BADGES(ALL 3)(NEW)
08 SCREW BLACK/DRK GREY SEAT COVERS(NEW TRUCK TAKE OFFS)
4 SETS OF INTERIOR SWITCH PANELS, SWITCHES ECT..4X4, 6 HEADLIGHT SWITCHES, CRUISE SWITCHES ECT...
4 HEAD UNITS, SHAKER 1000, 6 DISC, SINGLE DISC, SOME WITH 08 CHROME KNOBS
FX2/4 CLUSTER
2-FX4 RADIO BEZEL(CARBON FIBER LOOK) NEW STILL WITH FORD TAG ON IT
BLACK RADIO BEZEL USED
FULL USED SET CARBON FIBER LOOK INTERIOR DOOR HANDLES
AUDIOPHILE SYSTEM H/U, SUB, DOOR SPEAKERS 4 W/FRONT COMPONETS
MAC 3 1/2" CAI
SALEEN EXHAUST WITH 3 1/2 STAINLESS ROLLED TIPS
17" STX WHEELS W/CAPS AND LUGS
IN CHANNEL VENT VISORS

I'M SURE I'M FORGETTING STUFF

ab46501 03-12-2010 12:10 PM

I might be interested in the seat covers. Let me know if you decide to sell them. Thanks!

parksb16 03-12-2010 06:00 PM

Just PM you

YOMAN 03-12-2010 08:33 PM

Aw man... sorry.. hope thing will work out best for you and your family.

I PM you on one item.

Thanks!
YOMAN!

minimnstr 03-12-2010 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by fomoco466 (Post 4129584)

I have a slew of things to sell if this goes through....alot of stuff I never even had the chance to put on.
09 tow mirrors, signal mirrors, billet tow hooks, blue cluster and light swap stuff, MAC 3 1/2 CAI, OEM black/grey seat covers, audiophile system, fire and ice brake light (new), smoked headlights(new), grille?? ,painted OEM flares, Mark LT handles, 09 badges, handle covers, saleen exhaust... alot of parts I never got to install.

selling mark lt handles? if so let me know