2004 - 2008 F-150

Need some help with issue

Old 10-21-2019, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help with issue

Ok so I have an 04 f150 with the 5.4L 3v engine...had the awesome timing issues so this is what I have done...new phasers, chains, tensioners, timing guides, melling 360hv oil pump, new oil pickup and I had busted chain guides in my pickup and figured I was in there might as well put a new one in. Got it all back together a couple days ago and got P0345 code for bank 2 cam sensor circuit...ggot a new sensor, still bad, new connector and still no luck. All timing components were OEM parts. If I unplug my drivers side CPS the truck run great...if its plugged in I runs really rough and stalls out. Any ideas?

Also forgot to add both vct solenoids were replaced as well as all spark plugs (motorcraft)

Last edited by Ikkie; 10-21-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some parts
Old 10-21-2019, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pull valve cover and make sure tangs on phaser are straight. Fordtechmakeuloco had that issue himself on a repair. He had a video on it. But should be a simple fix if that's the problem

Old 10-24-2019, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plumber66
Pull valve cover and make sure tangs on phaser are straight. Fordtechmakeuloco had that issue himself on a repair. He had a video on it. But should be a simple fix if that's the problem
Sorry for late reply but was working the last couple days...
Pulled the valve cover and all the tangs are straight and look good. Driving it around the next day everything seemed fine and then started to have a huge oil leak. Of course it was raining so the whole bottom of the truck was dripping so I couldn't pin point the leak but lost almost all the oil. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow as I'm suspecting maybe the gasket for the oil filter housing may have blown as it's only on the drivers side and was getting sprayed onto the exhaust manifold...I'm hoping I'm right....this repair has been one disaster after another.

I'm assuming if this is where the leak was and that much oil was coming out this could have caused low oil pressure and not allowing my phaser to lock properly which was throwing the CPS code...am I right in this thinking?

Last edited by Ikkie; 10-24-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you had the old filter ring on still. Not sure about the codes, but these engines don't like low oil pressure. Fix leak and problem should be solved

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help with issue