F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Tasca Mark LT Handles/Lariat Handles & Mirror Cover (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/404442-tasca-mark-lt-handles-lariat-handles-mirror-cover.html)

Irishfireman07 01-25-2010 10:05 PM

Tasca Mark LT Handles/Lariat Handles & Mirror Cover

What handles can I get from Tasca that do not have keyless entry on them? Why do they have options for Harley/Lariat/Mark LT - what is the difference? Does Tasca sell all 3 as a group? (Both front doors & tailgate since I have a SuperCab).

ALSO,

Can I put '07 chrome mirror covers (non-towing) on my '06 F150? Does the glass just pop off with a screw driver then I can change out the cover with a screw driver?

05RedFX4 01-25-2010 10:32 PM

The Harley/Lariat handles are smooth and ready for paint. The Mark LT handles are already painted body color on the buckets and the pull strap is chrome. Both factory style handles have the keypad with it, if you want it w/o buy the cheap ebay knock-offs or the stick on covers. If your truck is an XLT, it has power locks and keyless entry and there is a 90% chance the harness is inside the door for the keypad, if it is then you just plug it in and get the code off the box behind the back seat on the drivers side.

Tasca sells them in sets for a supercrew (5 pieces) if you only need 3 handles, then just select it on the dropdown menu and subtract "x" amount from the 5 piece set.

The mirrors are different, you will need the whole housing if you want to use the OEM chrome covers. Cheaper option is the "putco" stick on chrome covers, they look just like the OEM's but can be used on any 04-08 power mirror housing.

expedition4x4 01-25-2010 11:21 PM

the lariat ones are not smooth they are the ones that come on the "chrome package" and they have the chrome pull strap but still have a textured bucket

rms8 01-26-2010 10:03 AM

expedition4x4 is 100% correct regarding the Lariat handles.

05RedFX4 is 100% incorrect regarding the Lariat handles.

Pet peeve when people make false assumptions without knowing if they are even correct. If someone didn't come on here and CORRECT the snap statements, then the OP may have purchased something and been highly disappointed with the results.

Better to not say anything than to lead someone down the wrong path.

To the OP:
Did you consider calling TASCA and simply asking them instead of relying on info from a forum where anyone can put down anything?

Irishfireman07 01-26-2010 05:39 PM

I did call Tasca. The guy I talked to did not have a clue. So, are you saying there is a PTM handle with no keypad?

Big_Smokey 01-26-2010 06:45 PM

A few guys on here just bought the stick on chrome ones and had them PTM....Im sure if you search long enough you can find it.

05RedFX4 01-26-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Irishfireman07 (Post 4061223)
So, are you saying there is a PTM handle with no keypad?

Not from ford. If you want one like that you need to look at the ebay knock-offs.

kjbrowne 01-28-2010 12:41 AM

If you want the handle without the keypad you buy the back door for the supercrew. It does not have a key hole but you dont want one anyway. Just look around this site at how easy it is to break into one of these trucks through the keyhole(it happened to me). You just need remote doorlocks.