2004 - 2008 F-150

Need good advice -P0420 Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im glad that it has worked out for you two and all others. The person who told me has had the opposite experience I guess. At this point after investing 12K plus in repairs and maintenance in the 6 years that I've owned it I am willing to spend the money as needed, take suggestions as usual and stay away from potential problems, like bad parts. I only buy Motorcraft OEM parts and I'm not looking to upgrade for performance but only maintain for longevity. Once i get the front end ball joints, tie rods and upper control arms replaced, an alignment and the replacement of the (4) cats, i'll be done fixing ALL of the crap that this lemon has had since the day i purchased it. I have a local shop here, C&C, who happened to have the complete L & R OEM updated dual cat combos laying around from a take-off job. He's selling those to me on the uber cheap "i want them gone and out of my sight" price, purchased and installed $350. They are still polished, and @ $3000 off for a used set, IM SOLD! He's also going to do all the suspension mentioned above for only $360 Labor. I've already purchased the two lower ball joints and one front outer tie rod, both Motorocraft but I do not want to buy the expensive Motorcraft Upper Control Arms. I'm really tired of putting money into this truck and have always had OEM parts when having repairs done. Should i stick with it and spend the extra money on the Motorcraft, or is this one of those things where there wont be a problem replacing with an aftermarket brand?

Im now trying to figure out which aftermarket upper control arms I should buy. I'm currently looking at the Moog CK80308/6. Is there a reason why i shouldn't purchase these over any other? Amazon says that they fit OE and the reviews of the RK series point me towards the CK. I'm not dead set on buying moog so if there's something else i should be looking at besides Motorcraft and Moog, please let me know. In all I will have spent roughly a grand out the door this (temporary) final time and I'm ok with that.because it sure as **** beats paying the $5400 that I was quoted for the same job. Thanks for the support folks

Last edited by TDRPro210; 08-10-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Need good advice -P0420 Q's