2004 - 2008 F-150

Please help...somethings not right

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please help...somethings not right

Afternoon guys, and happy fathers day.

The other night I was doing a little offroading and slid into a deep hole and ended up stuck. I almost made it out, my front to tires were all the way out but my rear ended up bottoming out. A buddy was able to pull me out.

Now here is my issue, yesterday after driving around for a while my power steering pump lost some power and is whining. Not that big of deal I still have warranty, but while looking at it today I noticed something that scares me.

When cutting my tires my passenger tire comes closer to the lower plastic trim than my driver side. I measured and it is off a little, have any of yall seen this before? I don't know if it was like this before last Friday. Could it and the power steering be related. The truck drives just fine, does not pull or anything.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:16 PM
I have seen this on solid axle front ends.

Could be out of alignment.

Are your tires the same distance from the bumper/valance when pointed straight ahead?

May also jack the front end off the ground and make sure there is no excessive play in the wheels.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 PM
It does not pull going down the road, thinking back I had to get pulled out a long time ago b/f I got my new tires and had to get snatched pretty good. Maybe think something actually happened to drivers side then and never noticed until now. Also possible it could have always been like this....doubtful?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know if any alignment can actually fix my issue? Almost sounds like something is bent??

So far this is all I can find. If it is the case I wonder if ford will replace under waranty or give me a run around: http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...well-help.html

Last edited by mdhawkin; 06-21-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Truck is in the shop now, will see what they have to say.....

Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Ford replaced my power steering pump and that seems to be working just fine now (said it failed do to oversided tires, calling BS there). As for the alignment issue, they said everything was nice and square - they suspect that the body is actually sitting a little off on the frame and has always been that way since new. That I had never noticed it with the smaller OEM tires. I am not 100% bought into that explanation yet, so I am planing on keeping a close eye on things for a while.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you get a print out of the alignment specs?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by BeauFlex
Did you get a print out of the alignment specs?
Ford did not supply one....I was hopping they would give me one. I do not like the fact that one was not supplied. I may take it somewhere that does free alignment checks, if its out, ill get it realigned. However it drives straight and smooth down the road. Since I noticed it I have ran from 0-80mph no issues.