2004 - 2008 F-150

How do you remove the fog light housings on a 2005 F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have replaced the right foglamp on my 2005 Screw, and I still keep breaking bulbs. I think the problem with the housing lies with the design of the vent on the top of the housing. Moisture enters then drips on the bulb directly beneath it. I have given up for the time being trying to correct this issue. Anybody have any thoughts on sealing the vent with silicone or something like that?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:09 PM
I got a new housing for my driver side which I blew two bulbs in I am assuming because of moisture. Hoping it won't be that hard to change out and the new assembly came with a new bulb so that is a bonus. I will repost how everything works out.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by sethan65
I have the same problem in my passenger side. I talked to a guy at O'Reilly and he said look at the top of the housing, there may be a crack in it. If there is take some two-part epoxy and seal it up. He told me the two part epoxy works better than silicone.
I have this problem on my passenger side fog light too. Drove my truck for like 5k miles or more and it broke. Thought it wasn't a big deal, so I bought a new one and put it back in. After walking out of class today I noticed moisture in the lens area and thought here we go.... check then to see if they worked and she don't work. Broken Bulb glass inside the lens again.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by renegade734
I have replaced the right foglamp on my 2005 Screw, and I still keep breaking bulbs. I think the problem with the housing lies with the design of the vent on the top of the housing. Moisture enters then drips on the bulb directly beneath it. I have given up for the time being trying to correct this issue. Anybody have any thoughts on sealing the vent with silicone or something like that?
Easiest solution is to replace the housing it's about $45
http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/f-150...position=right

Old 03-03-2015, 12:10 AM
I had the same issue twice in one week. I took the housing off and examined it for leaks and found nothing. I even used epoxy to seal the housing. Once it happened again, I realized the two wires which connect to the bulb mount were being hit with puddle water and shorting out. Easiest solution was to use electrical tape and cover both wires from two inches below the bulb mount, up to where the bulb mount snaps into the fitting. I haven't had any issues since.

Quick Reply: How do you remove the fog light housings on a 2005 F-150?