2004 - 2008 F-150

Avoid Hunter Truck Accessories and Wholesale!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Warn Transformer looks really awesome to me...

Old 01-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah, thats another option, i'm trying to bring them down but until they do replace the rusted parts of the grille guards which are just the light guards I won't change my opinion about this company and i will be contacting ebay as well since I bought the grille guard through their ebay page, not website, but still with my card.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I am personally insulted by their handling of this matter especially since my grille guard has a lifetime warranty as quoted from their site: "Lifetime Warranty on stainless products. "

Old 01-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Dude,
Just CALL your CREDIT CARD!!! Put a dispute in with them. Provide pictures and your statement/receipts. The card will likely find in your favor since it is a product defect. The card will then refund the money back to your card you used. Simple and not very stressful.

I have done it before and got my money back. Not necessarily with car stuff either. I had done this with a TV once. In the first 60-90 days the TV broke like 6 times. The store I bought it from wouldn't return or exchange it since it was past 30 days. So I call my card company, I file the complaint and provide all the repair slips, sales receipt, credit receipt, and my statement. Within 30-65 days the credit card found in my favor, refunding me every dollar including tax. All I had to do was bring the TV back to them and get a written receipt from them that I dropped off said TV. And that was it. I took the money I got refunded back went to another store and bought myself a nicer TV for the same price.

Sorry to rant...

Sal

Old 01-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Stop trying to be rational with him- it doesnt work

Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by FORDMAN0781
Dude,
Just CALL your CREDIT CARD!!! Put a dispute in with them. Provide pictures and your statement/receipts. The card will likely find in your favor since it is a product defect. The card will then refund the money back to your card you used. Simple and not very stressful.

Sal
X2!

I've done that before and basically let the credit card company take care of the store. It was very simple.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Yup, thats my next step, really do want to keep the grille guard but i wanted the light guards replaced since they are rusting and so are the welds but the company isn't responding to the paypal dispute. My only problem is getting this back to them and not having a grille guard anymore which I do really like. :-\ But yeah guess i will do that.

I've done it in the past with other stuff for my stang too.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by GTRider245
Stop trying to be rational with him- it doesnt work
Thank you!!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 AM
I would seriously avoid them! Paypal has been trying to get a respond from them since mid last week and they don't seem to care to respond.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Guess what? 3 months later and still no solution.

Credit Claim came back to me because they told my credit card I have to return the item and pay for shipping in order to get a credit, even though they refuse to issue me a replacement for a rusting item with a lifetime warranty on the stainless steel.

Yet, they have not replied to any of my e-mails for the last few months and when I call, they give me the run around, very insulting and I would avoid them if I was you.

Paypal/ebay claim has gotten anywhere, it has been dwelling around for months on their end which sucks.

I started BBB Complaint to shut them down since they recently changed their name, moved from their location, and opened up another website with a different name but still using their same logo on the other site.....very stupid if you ask me....

IDK what else to do but sue them.....ugh not buying stuff like this online again.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you are gonna post B.S...at least get your facts straight first.

Paypal only gives you 30-45 days for a dispute to process. Not months. If not resolved within that period, Paypal solves it for you...not "dwelling around for months on their end which sucks"

as for their store...they are still in Texas at the same location, they still have their eBay site with 273 items for sale, and 21,800 sales, 99% positive rating...member of eBay since March 2004

same guys I bought my Bull Bar from almost 2 yrs back...not sure how they moved or changed their name

http://stores.ebay.com/Hunter-Truck-Accessories-Store

I can see you had a legitimate gripe, but you make yourself look like a troll...especially when you post something like you did, and anybody can very easily verify...sorry, disprove what you posted

Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Man, I got the hunter bull bar and I couldn't be more pleased. There is two tiny spots of rust on it but that because I ran the light mounts too far down before I realized it and it scarred the powdercoat. The factory sidesteps on my truck look worse than the bull bar does. Good luck with whatever you do.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
http://www.huntertruckwholesale.com/

if you google them, they seemed to have created a new website as well with more information:

http://www.hunter4x4.com/faq.html

2nd: The paypal claim is still open and I am not a newbie to this stuff so I have no idea how its still possible. I'm rather insulted, b.s. about their good feedback, that's because many people rated them before actually trying out the product. It sucks it didn't work out for me but right now all I want is my money back since they can't replace it.

Good luck to anyone else, I learnt my lesson

Old 04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Even though you may not have handled the issue properly, I still think you have a legitimate gripe. I wouldn't buy anything from a company with a history of bad customer service. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Just my opinion on this, for what it's worth. I bought stainless side steps for my screw from them about two years ago for around 169, and before I bought them was a little worried about the quality for that kind of price. I was very pleased with what I got, and two years later, they still look and work great, almost look brand new. I for one, would recommend them to anyone. Again, not to say that you didn't have a problem, but maybe it could have been handled just a little better.

Quick Reply: Avoid Hunter Truck Accessories and Wholesale!!! :(