2004 - 2008 F-150

Neoprene vs Cordura Nylon Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neoprene vs Cordura Nylon Seat Covers

Howdy. I want to get seat covers that will last at least 10+ years. That is the expected time I will own this truck.

My understanding is that Neoprene will wear out quicker but always remain waterproof.
While Cordua Nylon will take a long time to wear out but its waterproofing comes partially from a spray on coating.

I would rather the Camo pattern not get worn with age. Seems I could always spray waterproofing on the Cordura Nylon before every hunting season and be safe, while the Neoprene will look like crap in 3+ years no matter what I do.

Is this an accurate assessment? Is there a best of both worlds material?

Thanks.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Well... it actually depends on what you wear.

Neoprene won't be good if you were jeans a lot or heavy material. But if you wear shorts, nylon, or other light material... you'll be fine for years.

The Cordura would be great if you wear jeans a lot or heavy material... it's some heavy duty stuff.

Personally... I like the neoprene only because it looks better and I like the feel of it.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That answered my question well. Thank you. I ordered the Marathon covers. I like the neoprene a lot too, but I think the Cordura does more of what I want.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by arrabil
That answered my question well. Thank you. I ordered the Marathon covers. I like the neoprene a lot too, but I think the Cordura does more of what I want.
Yeah, those are nice covers. I seriously considered them... but I just like the neoprene feeling... especially when I'm wearing shorts and stuff... it's nice and soft.

Quick Reply: Neoprene vs Cordura Nylon Seat Covers