2004 - 2008 F-150

tail light is loose

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tail light is loose

ive got the flareside bed and the passenger side tail light is loose at the front of it.

i thought there would be screws inside the bed that i could tighten but the only ones i found were the 2 at the tail gate. i can wiggle the front of the tail light enough that i can see what look like 2 clips.

i remeber taking it to the dealer when it was still new and they fixed it but now its loose again. i searched for loose tail light but didnt find anything that helped.

any ideas?

Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 PM
bump... any ideas?

Old 12-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Mines a little loose too, but it's such a small wiggle that I just don't even worry about it. If it's flailing off your truck and smacking innocent bystanders, then you should have it checked out!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
Mines a little loose too, but it's such a small wiggle that I just don't even worry about it. If it's flailing off your truck and smacking innocent bystanders, then you should have it checked out!
hahah its not that bad... BUT i have new tail lights coming in. so i need to swap them out anyway.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 PM

when i took mine off, there were the 2 visible screws and then a clip like the headlights have to secure the most forward part,

did you ever take them off before the problem, mayb you lost it, or broke the little clip and can get another one

is it just the one side ???

Old 12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by IDNC76
when i took mine off, there were the 2 visible screws and then a clip like the headlights have to secure the most forward part,

did you ever take them off before the problem, mayb you lost it, or broke the little clip and can get another one

is it just the one side ???
i have never taken them off. its the passenger side light that is loose. i figured i would take it off and see if the clip was loose but now im just going to replace them.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yea the front part has a tab that slides into a slot, if it wasnt aligned properly it should be very loose. I think the tab might be broken back a little bit.

Quick Reply: tail light is loose