2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally some new shoes and socks!

Old 03-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally some new shoes and socks!

Finally got some new rims and tires! It took me forever to decide which offset to get.....thanks to all that helped. I didnt think they would stick out as far as they do.....can anybody tell me where to measure the offset at so i can be sure i got the rims i asked for? I ordered the +30mm offset but couldnt find anything on the rim that said they were.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Woops! forgot to put the pic with it

Old 03-25-2008, 07:24 PM
They look more like -30.....i wouldnt worry about it anyways...It gives your truck a good look IMO...What size tires did you end up going with?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:15 PM
armt-dawg,

First off, Nice choice those look friggin sweet.....

Now as for the offset issue, let me see if I can explain it without sounding stupid. Measure the width of the rim, lets say that those are 10" wide. then your centerline will be 5". Now + (positive) offset indicates that the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the front of the wheel than the back. +30mm offset should tuck your wheels in to the fenders. Now like Big Smokey said it looks like you have -30 offset as (-) negative offset is how they make most deep dish wheels and it gives the vehicle a wider track.

does that make sense???

Old 03-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
They look more like -30.....i wouldnt worry about it anyways...It gives your truck a good look IMO...What size tires did you end up going with?
thanks....tire size is 325/60/18 nitto terra grapplers

Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Voodoochild
armt-dawg,

First off, Nice choice those look friggin sweet.....

Now as for the offset issue, let me see if I can explain it without sounding stupid. Measure the width of the rim, lets say that those are 10" wide. then your centerline will be 5". Now + (positive) offset indicates that the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the front of the wheel than the back. +30mm offset should tuck your wheels in to the fenders. Now like Big Smokey said it looks like you have -30 offset as (-) negative offset is how they make most deep dish wheels and it gives the vehicle a wider track.

does that make sense???
makes sense.....i dont think they even make a -30mm. from what i saw when researching was there was -12, +18 and +30. from what you said they are definatly a positive offset because the center is way closer to the front.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:55 PM
how do I get that look on my 02 4x4 screw?

Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Graphics Contributor
thats a slick truck nice job.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
armt-dog

Did you sell the intake in the classifieds. I never got a reply from you.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Read this if you want to try and learn more:

https://rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
How side are those wheels? do you know what the backspacing the wheels were supposed to be. I can tell you how to measure the backspacing. just put a straight edge across the back edge rim and measure to the mounting surface. that will be your backspacing. it is much easier to understand and measure than offset. if the center of the rim is closer to the front of the rim then it is definatly positive offset if you can tell how much that will tell you weather it is +12 or +30. 1 inch is 24 mm. so if it is more than one inch you got the right rims. if they are + 30 offset they probably stick out because they are 10 inches wide or more.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by NORDFORD
Did you sell the intake in the classifieds. I never got a reply from you.
i did sell the intake from the classifieds.....i had so many emails about it instead of responding to all of them i just took it out of the classifieds and figured that would be good. one of the guys i work with saw it on the forum for sale and sold it to him. sorry for not replying.....i had about 12 emails or so.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by jasonkola
How side are those wheels? do you know what the backspacing the wheels were supposed to be. I can tell you how to measure the backspacing. just put a straight edge across the back edge rim and measure to the mounting surface. that will be your backspacing. it is much easier to understand and measure than offset. if the center of the rim is closer to the front of the rim then it is definatly positive offset if you can tell how much that will tell you weather it is +12 or +30. 1 inch is 24 mm. so if it is more than one inch you got the right rims. if they are + 30 offset they probably stick out because they are 10 inches wide or more.

they are +30mm if my measuring is correct......guess i was being skeptical because i thought they would look different than they do......plus all the posts i read said no trimming would be needed for these specs......i had to do some minor trimming to the fenders......the rim is 18x9......lost some horse power with them big ol tires, i think e fans will be next

Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 PM
mine are 18X9 with +18 offset and mine do not seem to stick out as much as yours. with +30 offset yours should not have been about 1/2 an inch further in then mine. Of coarse you do have a little wider of a tire. I think if I did not have the fender flares it would be only about 1 1/2" past the fender. are yours more than that. although my rims did stick out further than I thought they would after I got them on. I think it has just as much to do with the bigger tires.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Looks good! I like those wheels a lot and I've been considering them myself!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally some new shoes and socks!