2004 - 2008 F-150

My truck is complete. Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice wheels! ;)

Those look familiar

I thought I was done with the mods, but it is never ending! There is still much more that I want, but really don't "need"....

Looks great!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:22 PM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Damn... nice truck 07FX4Chick...

Old 03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Yah nice truck 07FX4Chick I used to have grill inserts like yours but not as nice. but when I found the street scene grill it grew on me and I just had to get it. but your grill inserts look nice too. I just love red trucks especially when people mod it with black.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments ManualF150 and jasonkola!

I am working on replacing the "chrome" badges with black chrome, but I am running in to 'roadblocks', trying to find someone to make the for me. I am not giving up though!! I want all the chrome, on my truck, GONE!

I just pulled the Hella headlights yesterday and had to reseal them because there was moisture collecting in them. That ticked me off!!!! I believe I resolved the issue though as I am not seeing any moisture in them today and it has been raining all day!

Last edited by 07FX4Chick; 03-23-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by 07FX4Chick
Thanks for the compliments ManualF150 and jasonkola!

I am working on replacing the "chrome" badges with black chrome, but I am running in to 'roadblocks', trying to find someone to make the for me. I am not giving up though!! I want all the chrome, on my truck, GONE!

I just pulled the Hella headlights yesterday and had to reseal them because there was moisture collecting in them. That ticked me off!!!! I believe I resolved the issue though as I am not seeing any moisture in them today and it has been raining all day!
I was thinking of having my badges painted. I too am trying to eliminate the chrome. I think black chrome is a great idea. when I was looking at wheels I found some in black chrome and really liked them. the boss motorsports 304 rim had specs for a rim for our truck and I wanted then but I waited and waited for them to manufacture them finally after 2 years was told they probably will not manufacture them so I went searching again and found those monsters.

when I was searching for rims in black chrome I also considered buying some standard rims and sending them to someone to have them chromed with black chrome. I did find a few places down in california that did black chrome but it would have cost more to have them chromed than the cost of the rims. so I did not do it. although the badges might be much cheaper. are the badges plastic or metal. I am not sure if they could do it if they are plastic. if you do a google search for black chrome you should be able to find the places. They also do chroming for motorcycle parts so I imagine they could do the badges. If you find some one to do those badges post the pics I would be vary interested in seeing what they come out like.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Nice truck! I was wondering, what did you do to change color on your grille emblem? thats pretty cool looking how it matches your truck!

Old 03-23-2008, 08:57 PM
I put emblem overlay's on them. they are the domed emblem overlays that someone used to make. I believe he is not in business anymore but I am sure there is places arround that make custom emblem overlays. I even got them for the little emblem on my steering wheel.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:52 PM
nice!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by jasonkola
I was thinking of having my badges painted. I too am trying to eliminate the chrome. I think black chrome is a great idea.
Very nice wheels, I first saw them on 07FX4chick and likem.. good combo on both your red trucks. Getting same, 18" but with 325x60 tires. I too, have almost 'dechromed' my truck. Need current pics.. I removed all the F150 badges and Ford emblems and my buddy is a painter at a body shop. He painted them same color black as truck. Looking to get the exhaust tips black powder coated next since the black chrome tips I recently bought on ebay are thin, made in China and complete junk compared to the Magnaflow rolled tips. Can't find black chrome rolled tips 18-24".

Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM
It was asked above but I didn't see an answer, what did you do to your driving lights to darken them? and did it effect the light output much?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyBear
It was asked above but I didn't see an answer, what did you do to your driving lights to darken them? and did it effect the light output much?
I put a tinted film on them. I am not sure how much it effected light output. as I do not use them enough to notice. The fogs still work just fine when I need them. just a little dimmer.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:41 PM
my truck will never be complete..

Old 03-24-2008, 09:14 PM
^^^ congrats ???

Anyway, OP, truck looks really good. Diggin the "red and black" theme.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by jasonkola
I put a tinted film on them. I am not sure how much it effected light output. as I do not use them enough to notice. The fogs still work just fine when I need them. just a little dimmer.
I like the way the truck looks, and i don't know if its just the pic but the reason i asked about the fog lights is the tint shade looks gold and doesn't match the rest of the truck. Otherwise it looks way sharp.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by cufootn
I like the way the truck looks, and i don't know if its just the pic but the reason i asked about the fog lights is the tint shade looks gold and doesn't match the rest of the truck. Otherwise it looks way sharp.
Yah the color is more of a brown/bronze color which I did not really like but I liked it better than the clear fogs so I left it on. someday I will find me a tint that it the right color and replace it. not sure where to look. any ideas.

Quick Reply: My truck is complete. Pics