F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Anyone Know If Batteries Are Covered By 3/36 Warranty? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/306525-anyone-know-if-batteries-covered-3-36-warranty.html)

ddellwo 10-28-2007 07:14 PM

Anyone Know If Batteries Are Covered By 3/36 Warranty?

Does anyone know if batteries are part of Ford's 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty?

The battery in my wife's Escape gave up the ghost last night and is deader than a doornail. I was going to go into Sears this afternoon and get it replaced, but then decided to wait until Monday to see if it might still be under warranty by Ford.

I checked my warranty information packet and could not find any mention of batteries as they apply to the Ford warranty......:confused:

BtownFord 10-28-2007 07:55 PM

yes it is...i've had one replaced at 30k miles and several others have had them replaced

Hokieron 10-28-2007 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Does anyone know if batteries are part of Ford's 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty?

The battery in my wife's Escape gave up the ghost last night and is deader than a doornail. I was going to go into Sears this afternoon and get it replaced, but then decided to wait until Monday to see if it might still be under warranty by Ford.

I checked my warranty information packet and could not find any mention of batteries as they apply to the Ford warranty......:confused:

It is not covered and is a wear and tear item. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...:o

Quintin 10-28-2007 08:00 PM

Yes, they're covered under 3/36.

dbhost 10-28-2007 08:03 PM

Generally speaking, batteries, and tires are covered under their own warranty dated from the date of MFG, not date of purchase. But you might get lucky and get a dealer service advisor that is more interested in customer service than squeezing every last penny from you...

Not to rub it in, but my Ranger ran on the O.E. battery for 6 years before it started to fail. Oddest thing I have ever seen...

F151 10-28-2007 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BtownFord
yes it is...i've had one replaced at 30k miles and several others have had them replaced

They replaced mine also. At less than 1000 miles though.

shaunakadub 10-28-2007 08:22 PM

Tires are covered???

What would the circumstance have to be to get the dealer to give me a new set? Mine have a bunch of cracking on them.

Jolly_Green_Giant 10-28-2007 10:51 PM

Mine were. horible batteries IMHO. had Ford replace it 3 times. and now this one is not working 100%. once the warranty was out they wouldn't replace it. even though it was only 2 months old.

1 KRAZY KANUCK 10-29-2007 12:57 AM

They replaced the one in the 2004 F150 after a couple of years no charge, and no hassle!

ManualF150 10-29-2007 01:06 AM

The item bolded is your first problem. :rolleyes:

However, on the lighter side of things, I would replace it with an Optima... those are great batteries. :fyi:

ddellwo 10-29-2007 12:25 PM

FYI -- Ford replaced the battery this morning at no charge.

Got lucky, since the wife's rig is sitting at 34,000 miles and change -- another month or two and I'd have been out of warranty with it!

:thumbsup:

Raoul 10-29-2007 12:35 PM

Stand back boys, I'm going for the record.

Currently 8 years 6 months and 104,000 miles on my OEM battery.

(don't try this at home)

ddellwo 10-29-2007 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Raoul
Currently 8 years 6 months and 104,000 miles on my OEM battery.

My crystal ball seems to be showing me a man stranded by his truck in the Home Depot parking lot in early January -- I can't tell for sure though, as it's a little fuzzy........:lol:

Bluejay 10-29-2007 12:44 PM

My crystal ball seems to be showing me a man stranded by his truck in the Home Depot parking lot in early January -- I can't tell for sure though, as it's a little fuzzy........:lol:

is he hitching some goats to the front of the truck?:lol:

Raoul 10-29-2007 01:14 PM

My crystal ball seems to be showing me a man stranded by his truck in the Home Depot parking lot in early January --

'...though Raoul was not intimated by this bold claim, it did cause him to pause and reflect. He went home and slipped a pair of jumper cables behind the seat, under the cover of darkness when his neighbors could not see...that evening he slept restlessly as the act of cowardess weighed upon his mind. Would the Record truely be worthy and without asterisk if a pair heavy duty jumper cables lay mere inches from his own asterisk?... '