2004 - 2008 F-150

WHAT IS... The REAL "cost" of painting fender flares???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid 280 at a Ford collision shop. The first time they used the CX code. The color was a terrible match. It had a green hue. They really looked nasty. The body shop manager was very nice and understanding. He had the painter spray 8 test panels and I signed off of the one that was the closest to my paint color. The color is close, but it's not a perfect match. Make them run some test panels and match the paint with your own eyes. Make sure you match it in the sun.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=osbornk]
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan17
I'm sure if you take them of and prep them yourself that price will come way down./QUOTE]

Many shops will not paint vehicles or parts that someone else preps. My brother has a shop and I asked him why. He said if he does it and the prep is not good and the job looks bad or peels, it reflects on him. When someone asks the owner who did the painting, he tells them which shop did it. He doesn't explain who did the prop work or what he paid. The price should be in the neighborhood of $200 unless it is one of the expensive colors. My brother has paid over $300 for 1/2 pint for certain colors (there is no logical connection that we can see)

the reasons for price differences in different colors is because of the tint cost. Reds are the most expensive, whites the least. Then you add metalics or pearl colors and the price skyrockets.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:28 PM
I got a quote from a local shop to paint my FX4 grill, mirrors, and handles black. And then also do the fender flares in DSG. Total price of $220, and 3 days of being without my truck. I was just about to do it, but then I started to think about all the other grey plastic that is on the bed of my truck, bed steps, bed rails, the "rail hooks", rear bumper plastic. So I asked how much to do all of the plastics on the truck, in either black or DSG depending on where they were on the truck. I got shot a price of $560 and 4-5 days without the truck, which I think is still a fair price. I am still thinking of having this done, but it will have to be next year after my wedding, actually I should say after my fiancees wedding....

Old 08-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Im in the tulsa area to where did your prices from? im gettin some flares also and would like to know.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS... The REAL "cost" of painting fender flares???