F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   picking up new truck tomorrow (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/291352-picking-up-new-truck-tomorrow.html)

nick96ss 06-27-2007 09:42 PM

picking up new truck tomorrow

just wanted to say hello
i have been lurking around this site for awhile and found out alot of info
well like the title says i'm picking up my new 07 shadow grey screw
it got to the dealership yesterday and the salesman called me
so naturally i ran up there to check it out
looks great i'm playing with all the gadgets my wife likes it all is good
but wait all is not good i hit the moonroof button it worked fine
i closed it then i tried to open it again .....well by now you guessed it
it's broken i didn't even take the truck home and it needs service
i hope there isn't more to come ....anyone else have a problem with the moonroof tracks

ManualF150 06-27-2007 10:14 PM

Moonroofs as cool as they are suck on any car/truck/van/suv, whatever... my parents just bought a Compass and it's only got like 3k on it and they have only had it like 2 months and the moonroof derailed itself like 4 times. Luckily I've got automotive savvy to figure out how to fix it.... same problem every singe f'in time too. I've gotten so good I can fix it anyplace, any time, with only a screw driver.... and without having to take anything apart.

It's a true pita though. Glad my F150 and my Dakota don't have moonroofs.

nick96ss 06-28-2007 12:31 PM

the moon roof is not something i wanted , the truck came with it
hopefully i won't have any other problems

neuspeed5 06-28-2007 12:40 PM

I use mine almost every day and have not had a single problem with it for the 5 months I have owned the truck.

Let's see pics of your new truck.

nuclearthreat54 06-28-2007 12:41 PM

Out of all the vehicles my family owned with moonroofs, thats never happend lol. Good luck with your new truck.

Copperhead64 06-28-2007 12:46 PM

I heard somewhere that if it happens a second time your car explodes...:coffee:

speedwolf 06-28-2007 01:57 PM

I've had a moon roof in my last 2 F150s and have never had a problem with it.

nick96ss 06-28-2007 02:48 PM

i pick up the truck this evening . so i'll get pics up tomorrow
my brother is a mechanic for ford and it seems they do have a problem with the tracks ....3 came in today for the same repair
to be honest i will probably never use the damn thing anyway .it just bothered me that i need a repair before i took the truck home .....
if it does explode that would kool to watch..........lol

worland 06-28-2007 04:14 PM

I've had moonroofs on the last two F-150's I bought. I used them almost every day in the summer. Never had a single problem with them.

I never thought I'd like a moonroof, but I really learned to love them. Crack it open in the summer and the interior remains rather cool. Good way to vent out hot air when the A/C starts.

Better to have it break now than to have to pay to fix it out of warranty.

hmustang 06-28-2007 07:33 PM

Had a moon roof in my 87 exp with no problems the 4 years i had that car.

Nates06SCab 06-30-2007 02:31 AM

I didn't want the moonroof, so I found the same truck I was looking at without the moonroof through the online inventory browse function on Ford's website. I had them ship it in. I'm still glad I didn't get the moonroof.

nick96ss 06-30-2007 11:00 PM

i went over the service dept today and my brother and i installed the new track system it seems to be working fine
put on my first 200 miles today i have to say i am very impressed on how the truck rides and handles ,tomorrow i am installing my new bed cover
i'll try to pics up soon

freekyFX4 06-30-2007 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by nick96ss
i went over the service dept today and my brother and i installed the new track system it seems to be working fine
put on my first 200 miles today i have to say i am very impressed on how the truck rides and handles ,tomorrow i am installing my new bed cover
i'll try to pics up soon

You and your brother had to install a new track system for the moonroof on a brand new truck? I would have thought that the dealer would have covered that.

nick96ss 07-01-2007 09:46 PM

they did.. my brother works for ford and got paid from ford to do it
they let him do it on a sat so i went and gave him a hand it was pretty kool actually there was no one there on a sat

Grubrunner 07-02-2007 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by ManualF150
Moonroofs as cool as they are suck on any car/truck/van/suv, whatever... my parents just bought a Compass and it's only got like 3k on it and they have only had it like 2 months and the moonroof derailed itself like 4 times. Luckily I've got automotive savvy to figure out how to fix it.... same problem every singe f'in time too. I've gotten so good I can fix it anyplace, any time, with only a screw driver.... and without having to take anything apart.

You're my hero.