2004 - 2008 F-150

thinking of buying

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking of buying

hey guys, i have a ford thunderbird with 215,000 miles and a shop couldnt figure out whats wrong so its going to a dealership monday.... but incase it wont be fixed i was very strongly considering getting an f-150... preferable the supercrew but crew would be an option... i want the 5.4L or wont get one

i drove a titan and was acctually very impressed but would HATE to get a nissan over a ford...

basically i have a few questions...
1. do any of you honestly regrete getting the f-150? or would have gone a different truck...and lsit why please..
2. how many of you LOVE your truck and list why
3. what would be a few of the first performance mods you all would do..?
4. do u recomend buying used to trying to find a good sale on new??

thanx guys... hope to join the family for the best selling truck for 30 some years :-)

Old 06-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
I only regret my 4.6l V8, so if you get the 5.4l

Performance mods:
Tuner
Exhaust
Intake
Gears
(in that order)

Go new if you can afford, or at least as new as or newer than 06
there a reason you say to go newer then the 06? besides just ages? any defects or recalls or problems?

Old 06-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by dloftus86
1. do any of you honestly regrete getting the f-150? or would have gone a different truck...and lsit why please..
Here are my answers to you questions:
1. I wish that I wouldn't have bought my F150, only because my needs have changed a bit since I bought this truck. I am doing more heavy towing (9,000+lbs) and heavy hauling. If I had to do it over again I would have got an F250 or F350 4X4 with a diesel. Other wise is it a GREAT truck!!

2.This is the best vehicle that I have ever owned! The fit and finish is great, is rides nice, gets good mileage for a fullsize 4X4 truck with bigger tires (I am seeing 14mpg city/17 hwy, unloaded)

3. intake, tuner, exhaust. In what ever order you want to do them in.

4. I would say find a good used truck. They are out there you just have to look, I was lucky with mine. I get every option that I wanted on a F150, in the very first truck that I looked at. And even though mine is an 04 it had been problem free, only to the dealership 2 times and those were just very small items (fogged up fog light, and a rattle that I couldn't find)

Hope this helps

Old 06-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bought my 2007 SCREW in Febuary, 5000mi later....not a squeak or rattle to be heard....just ordered a ROUSH Exhaust.........Love this truck, will be drivin it for a very long time........

Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by dloftus86

basically i have a few questions...

thanx guys... hope to join the family for the best selling truck for 30 some years :-)
1. No
2. I do. It's the best (subjectively) looking full size truck on the road; it has a cavernous interior (can easily seat 5 people); has plenty of power (5.4); can haul 10' lumber rather easily with the tailgate down and since it's a 6.5' bed is still a parkable truck.
3. First mod was a 2" leveling kit because I don't like the rake. Second mod was the Magnaflow exhaust because stock is too quiet. Third mod was the husky floor liners, although one could not really consider that a mod since it did not change the inherent structure of the truck.
4. I was lucky to purchase mine under 0% financing. Finding a good truck is do-able, certainly, however I did not want to assume the risk of inheriting someone elses problem child. It's my first new truck (probably my last) and so I'm going to fully enjoy this time.

Quick Reply: thinking of buying