2004 - 2008 F-150

This really suprised me

Old 06-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
My pin number is 1234, does that help?
Thanks Thump! You will now be making my next 43 payments!

Old 06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Thanks Thump! You will now be making my next 43 payments!
Ahh crap! :o

Old 06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
So now you're calling us liars.
Then I'll respond to that by saying yes and we can let the thread die. I'll agree to disagree.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Suspended
I'd give you my VIN number but it wouldn't tell the story. Just because I'm so bored, I'll enlighten you. I bought my truck at the end of 2004 which is how most people get $10,000+ off anyways. I had a 2004 F150 that was a major lemon. I wasn't going to file Lemon Law because I'd lose my *** in mileage. My dad's pretty good friends with the owner so we worked out a little something. I traded my truck in and lost all of the money in mods but it was still less than the mileage charges for Lemon Law. I bought my new truck, they cut me a check to send into Ford Credit to make up for the payments I had already made on my last truck.

PS: I just changed my PIN number, its 4321.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not worth the effort for me to go to my truck, write it down, then type it in, just to prove I'm telling the truth. I already told you the numbers...I don't care if you believe me or not.

Really? I didn't know that! Guess I better cover up that portion of my windshield now!

I believe it's illegal to cover your windsheild-visible VIN plate. Just like it's illegal to cover up your licence plate.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by bamorris2
I believe it's illegal to cover your windsheild-visible VIN plate. Just like it's illegal to cover up your licence plate.
Then there are a lot of people driving around illegally with all the crap they throw up on their windshield. I don't see how people can drive like that.

I was kidding about covering it up though.

PS...Dam you Thump! Guess I'll have to make my own payments now that you changed your PIN!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by bamorris2
I think he's going to use his social security card to cover up his VIN plate, so it's probably ok.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by baja150
I think he's going to use his social security card to cover up his VIN plate, so it's probably ok.
I have my SSN on my license plate...makes my plate number easier to remember!

Old 06-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I just traded my 03 Mach 1 with 18K miles on it for 18K and bought a new Roush 427R stickered at 48.1K and paid 42K - 1K Mustang rebate. I think I did pretty good.

Saw my Mach 1 on the lot for 21K though.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I recieved about $11000 off MSRP. My trade was $500 89 Ranger that would be an very very sad day if some one paid more than that.( It was sent to auction a couple of days after the sale). Anyway it was Ford Family pricing/tow package discount/Cash back that got the price quite low. Then the dealer comes back and says we forgot to add sales tax to that price we quoted you and it needs to be added. So I proceed to walk out the door and they stop me and say they'll figure something out and did not add the tax. I already had the intrest rate quoted too. But I know they made some money back on the intrest still.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by dkstone05
I recieved about $11000 off MSRP. My trade was $500 89 Ranger that would be an very very sad day if some one paid more than that.( It was sent to auction a couple of days after the sale). Anyway it was Ford Family pricing/tow package discount/Cash back that got the price quite low. Then the dealer comes back and says we forgot to add sales tax to that price we quoted you and it needs to be added. So I proceed to walk out the door and they stop me and say they'll figure something out and did not add the tax. I already had the intrest rate quoted too. But I know they made some money back on the intrest still.
Baja is going to call you a liar too!

Oh, and I had my own financing (credit union) so the dealer didn't make any on that either. There is a holdback on every vehicle, so the dealer can still make good money selling below invoice.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Baja is going to call you a liar too!

Oh, and I had my own financing (credit union) so the dealer didn't make any on that either. There is a holdback on every vehicle, so the dealer can still make good money selling below invoice.
LOL about the liar comment. I apologize to all you guys about that comment. I said it, I don't deny it, but I'll admit that I was being a ***** and apologize.

I'm just having a hard time believing that Ford or really any Ford dealer ever offered a deal so much better than the current deal available for A-plan customers... I mean we're talking about $4,000 difference here. I bought a 2004 Lariat 4X4 w/ every option in November of 2004 when the 2005's were already released and just bought a 2007 FX4 w/ every option (picking up next week). Both trucks had a sticker price just over $40k; both were A-plan purchases and I got both for about $8,000 under sticker. The thing is that when a dealer sells a vehicle A-plan, they sell it at a loss right out of the gate, but Ford reimburses them for A-plan sales... plus, you get all the incentives/rebates on top of the A-plan price. I just don't see how anyone could ever get a truck, most of which are slightly less expensive MSRP than mine, for $4,000 less.

If you guys are saying you did, then it may be true. I guess there's no reason to lie.

Anyways, Fordmantpw... if it's ever convenient for you to write down that VIN I'd really like to look at your sale figures. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.

Last edited by baja150; 06-16-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Hey....

Old 06-16-2007, 12:31 PM
LOL about the liar comment. I apologize to all you guys about that comment. I said it, I don't deny it, but I'll admit that I was being a ***** and apologize.

I'm just having a hard time believing that Ford or really any Ford dealer ever offered a deal so much better than the current deal available for A-plan customers... I mean we're talking about $4,000 difference here. I bought a 2004 Lariat 4X4 w/ every option in November of 2004 when the 2005's were already released and just bought a 2007 FX4 w/ every option (picking up next week). Both trucks had a sticker price just over $40k; both were A-plan purchases and I got both for about $8,000 under sticker. The thing is that when a dealer sells a vehicle A-plan, they sell it at a loss right out of the gate, but Ford reimburses them for A-plan sales... plus, you get all the incentives/rebates on top of the A-plan price. I just don't see how anyone could ever get a truck, most of which are slightly less expensive MSRP than mine, for $4,000 less.

If you guys are saying you did, then it may be true. I guess there's no reason to lie.

Anyways, Fordmantpw... if it's ever convenient for you to write down that VIN I'd really like to look at your sale figures. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.
When they had the Friends and Family pricing at the end of 05....wasnt those prices at or a little under A-Plan? Anyway thats what my dad paid plus they had about $2.5K or $3K more in insentives offered through Ford and Ford Motor Credit. That came out to just a hair ove $10K off sticker. No reason to lie...thats what he bought the truck for.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:52 PM

I understand it may be hard to believe, but I have nothing to gain by lying about it here. At least you were a man (or woman) and apologized for it...that means a lot in my book...no hard feelings.

As I said, I have nothing to gain by stretching the truth. I'm not sure how the numbers will show in the Ford system (I know what I paid, regardless of how the dealer reports it), but when I get a chance, I will get you the VIN so you can verify it. I myself would like to see how it was reported by the dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This really suprised me