2004 - 2008 F-150

Is this a good deal on Ford service?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good deal on Ford service?

$113.82 automatic transmission service

Close Offer

Performed by our factory-trained experts.

Part of Ford Motor Company-required maintenance. Performed by our factory-trained experts. Includes up to five quarts of automatic transmission/transaxle fluid. Additional fluid extra. Inspect and lubricate linkage and controls (where applicable). Road test. Offer valid on most vehicles. Taxes and diesel vehicles extra. Disposal fees not included in some locations. See Service Advisor for vehicle applications and details. Offer valid with coupon.
Expires: 06/24/07

Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tuff4rd

Close Offer

Part of Ford Motor Company-required maintenance. Performed by our factory-trained experts. Includes up to five quarts of automatic transmission/transaxle fluid. Additional fluid extra. Inspect and lubricate linkage and controls (where applicable). Road test. Offer valid on most vehicles. Taxes and diesel vehicles extra. Disposal fees not included in some locations. See Service Advisor for vehicle applications and details. Offer valid with coupon.
I think last time I had my fluid changed out it was like 13 quarts, so I would bet that you will get hit with the additional charge for the other 8 quarts

Old 06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. They will probably tack on for the fluid.

If you drop the pan, replace the filter, and fill it back up, it will be around 5 quarts.......but if doing a full flush, it will be a lot more. I dropped the pan and replaced the filter and 5 qts at 30K and will continue to do so every 30K, that way it will keep fresh fluid in there. The fluid looked new at 30K, so by just doing a little bit more often, it will yield the same results as doing a lot, only less often. The fluid is around $5 a quart, or at least the last stuff I got was, and I don't remember how much the filter was. That price isn't too bad including labor, although it isn't very labor intensive unless they do actually "flush" out 13 quarts of fluid, torque converter and all. I think the trans services at my work on the older cars that get them are about $250, and that's only 7-8 quarts of Dextron/Mercon III, drain the torque converter, trans, and replace filter.........not a true flush.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I think that price they are advertising is pretty good, depending on how much the extra fluid costs you. For comparison, I had a fluid flush done on my wife's Escape last month by our local Ford dealer. Now keep in mind that there is no serviceable filter in the Escape's transmission, so it was pretty much just a fluid flush, and I paid around $160.00 for it.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Close Offer

This is probably the service that is dropping the pan, replacing filter and about 5 or 6 gts. I paid $87. If you have the fluid pumped out, it usually costs a little more and takes about 13 qts.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:00 AM
My dealer offers the same for $89.95

Old 06-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Close Offer

If that's just for dropping the pan, then I think it's too high... If it's an actual flush, then that's about the going price.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the input Any good syn tranny oil out there for our trucks?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this a good deal on Ford service?