2004 - 2008 F-150

Axle Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axle Wrap

Hey all, I know their has been post of people making their own traction bars, is their any place I can shop to get a direct fit one for the 2wd lowered F150s? If not can someone please re-post the thread where they have made their own traction bars.. Currently I have the DJM 2" drop shackle, but I would like to put my 2/4 kit back on if I can stop twisting my damn drive shaft. stock was replaced, 2nd oem was replaced and now I have to go back and get another oem replacemeant, the dealer must love me, 3 drive shafts in 30 months .. Little do they know my 305/35/24's are what causes my truck to wheel hop, gotta stick those ugly 18's on it everytime to bring it back to the dealer

Also has their been many rear end probelms or only the few I read about? I have 50k miles all on tuner and bigger wheels

Old 06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Three driveshafts !!! wow

Old 06-07-2007, 12:48 PM
something is wrong with my foot, I think I might have been born with a lead foot .. only like 260hp but it sure does try to spin the wheels.. Rain is where it happens, If i'm going 20mph and stomp it thats when it hits first and wheel hops

Old 06-07-2007, 01:13 PM
heres an idea... stop driving like john force

Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
heres an idea... stop driving like john force
I though this site was to help people understand and to help find products, not to be nev. I have a lead foot and always will, soo I need to know about TRACTION BARS not about how I drive, cause that I already know. Sorry i'm riding on 24's that dont free spin and not low pro 22's that my truck would ROAST and not wheel hop.. so if you cant help me keep your comments to yourself

Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah and this is also a site for Ford Motor Company and F-150 enthusiasts. Generally those type of people have a certain degree of loyalty to the blue oval and tend to get slightly upset when someon posts about how they're essentially stealing from their dealership.

If you put these big manly 24" tires/wheels on your truck and they're causing damage to a vehicle component then man up and pay for the repairs. All you're doing is hurting the brand in the long term!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by baja150
Yeah and this is also a site for Ford Motor Company and F-150 enthusiasts. Generally those type of people have a certain degree of loyalty to the blue oval and tend to get slightly upset when someon posts about how they're essentially stealing from their dealership.

If you put these big manly 24" tires/wheels on your truck and they're causing damage to a vehicle component then man up and pay for the repairs. All you're doing is hurting the brand in the long term!
So sorry that im the only person on here with aftermarket wheels, like I said I have 50k miles, do you know what 05 and down warranty is?? I belive its 3/36?? am I right? Yup! Its a $500 and change part which I am replaceing with my money, not yours or Fords.. So what I askesd for is a traction bar so I dont have to spend that money because of my oversized wheels as you say.. Like I said stop with the comments because you have a stock, slow, ugly truck.. Thanks

Old 06-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I could, but for once I won't.......

It's literally kill'n me too!!!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by 05_F150
Its a $500 and change part which I am replaceing with my money, not yours or Fords..
So if you're paying for these $500 driveshafts with your own money, then why do you have to put your "ugly" stock wheels on before you take it to the dealer?

Sincerely,
Stock, slow, & ugly F-150 owner who wishes he had an axle wrapping lowered 2WD truck w/ 24" wheels even though it cost less than his own truck.

Last edited by baja150; 06-07-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Let's see some pictures of this beast of a truck of all trucks.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
So sorry that im the only person on here with aftermarket wheels, like I said I have 50k miles, do you know what 05 and down warranty is?? I belive its 3/36?? am I right? Yup! Its a $500 and change part which I am replaceing with my money, not yours or Fords.. So what I askesd for is a traction bar so I dont have to spend that money because of my oversized wheels as you say.. Like I said stop with the comments because you have a stock, slow, ugly truck.. Thanks
So what kind of performance mods u have done to ur truck to make it so fast?

Old 06-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Never said I had the most powerful truck.. I do reacall saying I only have about 260rwhp, not enough power to spin my 24's but enough to make them want to spin and wheel hop.. stock wheels ill roast and 265/35/22's Toyos ill roast.. only 3 different size wheels ive been on and I know that i can spin 2 out of 3.. I can powerbrake my 24's but who wants to burn $700 worth of tires in one shot, wait stop dont say nothing bout spending money on the driveshalf cause this is the first time it broke out of warranty and trust me its not like I want to spend it. I put stock wheels and take out my double din and system because i've had problems befor with them saying their not responsible to what happens while they have my truck.. (straches or anything missing) sorry better safe then sorry!

P.S so I dont hear more comments, No my truck isnt the fastest, no it isnt the baddest.. their are 3 other drop trucks on here I think are WAY nicer then my truck.. black and chrome is one of them.. All i'm asking is how to stop axle wrap, which if you dont wanna help then ill just find it on my own. Just stop taking like a bunch of kids with no lives

Old 06-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Here u said that you were paying for the driveshafts urself and that we had stock slow and ugly truck. and now
driveshalf cause this is the first time it broke out of warranty
Never said I had the most powerful truck
u totally contridict ur self. any ways, I really dont care about that.
I have actually looked into making my own, or my local shop to do it. I havent found much as far as traction bars for these newer trucks, but the search will continue

Old 06-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I am not aware of any traction bars specifically for the newer f-150, however I would imagine that the universal competition engineering brand bars might fit. where exactly are your driveshafts failing? Is it the driveshaft tube itself or the rear u-joint?

Old 06-07-2007, 05:09 PM
thanks for the somewhat helpful none negative answer for once.. sorry I dont have the power or least know how to edit my post, i've paid for the first one out of pocket (snaped due to heavy wheels wet to dry pavemeant, which was posted after it happen) but at warranty price, the 2nd time it honestly twisted cause of me lanching at the track to run a 15.19 on STOCKs and now i'm GUESSING that it is twisted again because my truck has a shake and not a tire shake, so it would be nice if i could prevent a twisted driveshaft befor I go and buy another

Quick Reply: Axle Wrap