2004 - 2008 F-150

Bagged 04 layin frame

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Riken
a bend in a link is always a weak point (like a bicycle frame), and that straight link will bend. the rear of ur truck should wiggle with that setup.

blue - what you could've did
red - what i would do, it spaces the base farther apart...much better for lateral placement. all you would need is a rubber bushing at the axle to allow for roll.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anaheim drew, your truck is beyond sick. Very good work.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Dribone
at one point, i had the handle and small emblem shaved, leaving just the oval. then i used the Grant Kustoms skin to do the entire thing (by far the easiest way to go, their corner fillers are awesome as well.) I was thinkin of going old school as well, to the point of debossing the FORD from either from the 80's era or the 40's. way too much work, and there was a high risk for screwing up a $200 piece of sheetmetal. the woman and I decided against the mahogany floor with stainless inlay because i still use the truck, and the minute i throw some tools in there, i'm gonna scratch it

i think i decided on the 40's style Ford logo, but a laser cut inlay, and then Line-Xed in the bed floor. I'm in the process of gettin an oval somewheres back on the hind end.

the front emblems were done by billet badges, and i don't wanna get rid of those. its by far the one thing everyone stops to look at. they ask me if the "Hillbilly Deluxe" was a real model put out by Ford.

I was also thinkin of the 50's "V8" badge, with the real wide V, but it's still up in the air.

Huitt, I'll get some pics for ya
Do you have a picture around with just the oval? That's one thing I have been thinking about doing. Have yet decided. Although, i was really considering going for the airbrush old school v8 symbol, old school ford, etc. I just dont think it will fit the look im going for(somewhat concept lightning). I figured leaving the emblem with everything else shaved would still look good, yet clean up the truck some.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:21 AM
hmmm...

here's some old ones,

and the Wings West truck

Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
hmmm...

here's some old ones,

and the Wings West truck
Thank you sir, believe that's how I'll do mine...

Just bought this mourning centerline archer 20x8.5 wheels for the truck. Going to go ahead and completly shave. Trying to decide now if i want to go ahead and buy some of those Lincoln color matched door handles since I'm mono-chroming my truck now. Havent decided on what to do with the mirrors yet though.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 06-12-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Old 06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Cool vid man, your compressor is LOUD!

Quick Reply: Bagged 04 layin frame