2004 - 2008 F-150

Bagged 04 layin frame

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you just remove the wheels entirely

and let the thing sit on the ground?

Why would you do something like this to a truck? Reminds me of those idiots who install a 6 foot spoiler on a Yugo and think it's hot.

Get a clue: it's not cool, dude.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by red_candle

Why would you do something like this to a truck? Reminds me of those idiots who install a 6 foot spoiler on a Yugo and think it's hot.

why? because my truck is an extension of myself, as with 90% of the people on f150online and fordtruckworld.com.

it's about creating something from that extension, that some may like, and some may dislike. whether or not we like or dislike someone elses ride, or how they went about modifying it, we still have respect for everyone else. you wanna take your tires off completely, go right ahead, but i don't go around posting comments calling you a disgrace to the custom builder world because you like to drive a stock truck, do i?

Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM

you obviously have problems, or havn't seen a truckin magazine in 10 years

Old 06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Suspended

Who the hell are you to say what he should do with his truck!?

I'm sure you're another guy with a stock truck too. . Jesus. I don't like lowered trucks all that much but I still respect Dribone because he's put some of his own time and hard work into making his truck unique and different.

PS: I think it's cool.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Who the hell are you to say what he should do with his truck!?

I'm sure you're another guy with a stock truck too. . Jesus. I don't like lowered trucks all that much but I still respect Dribone because he's put some of his own time and hard work into making his truck unique and different.

PS: I think it's cool.
now thumper you know that the stock guys don't talk smack to us lowered guys..... its always the ones with lotsa tacky chrome, leveling kits and 33's....

Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
hahahaha

Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Ya I'm with Thump on this one, not a big fan of lowered trucks but your truck looks clean. Its not like all the ones I see around here with giant holes in the bed and totally primered gray because they didnt have enough money to finish it. Worst part is when you talk to those guys they think that their truck is the best thing ever.

Hey whats wrong with a leveling kit and 33s?!?!?

Old 06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by zachespo
Hey whats wrong with a leveling kit and 33s?!?!?
nothing until the tacky putco chrome comes into play... than it looks like you spent so much on chrome stick ons that ya couldn't afford to buy that rize kit and 38s ya wanted. go big or go home right? dribone just went big, he's gone somewhere very few will ever go. he's well on his way to being featured in mags, they say all your really need is wheels, suspension, exterior, interior, drivetrain, I.C.E. once you do all those up to a level not everyone can/will go your in a magazine. I think all dri has to do now I'd cover his headliner in suede and have some seatcovers stitched up and he's pretty much in, I'd like to see what red candle has built.... probably wouldn't even make it to the readers rides section

Old 06-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
nothing until the tacky putco chrome comes into play... than it looks like you spent so much on chrome stick ons that ya couldn't afford to buy that rize kit and 38s ya wanted. go big or go home right? dribone just went big, he's gone somewhere very few will ever go. he's well on his way to being featured in mags, they say all your really need is wheels, suspension, exterior, interior, drivetrain, I.C.E. once you do all those up to a level not everyone can/will go your in a magazine. I think all dri has to do now I'd cover his headliner in suede and have some seatcovers stitched up and he's pretty much in, I'd like to see what red candle has built.... probably wouldn't even make it to the readers rides section
Ya I know I would never put all that chrome crap on my truck. Hell I even got a gray intake cause I didn't want chrome. I was just giving you a hard time.

Ok back on topic Dribone definetly went big and that is what you have to do to stand out. I will look forward to seeing his truck in an upcoming Truckin' mag.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
now thumper you know that the stock guys don't talk smack to us lowered guys..... its always the ones with lotsa tacky chrome, leveling kits and 33's....
LOL dude that was perfect! Putco is makin a killing out there and theres no way to stop them! btw DRI-keep doin what your doin man

p.s. anyone read about that F150 thundertruck buildup in pretty much all the primedia mags? they did an air ride air bar setup in the rear and it goes down like 2 inches-pretty lame.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:51 AM
You lifted people that critize lowered vehicles kill me. Most of yall have NEVER took your vehicles offroad. "Look i have a lift and big tires and the most offroading I have saw is that 1/4 mile of road that is under construction"

Lowered trucks make alot of since....

It's eaiser to get in and out of.
They usually ride and handle better.
They tow better.
Usually show better gas milage.

Add bags and if done right they can haul and tow MORE then a leaf spring truck.

There is nothing "chachi" or whatever about his truck. You must have gold flake, spoked rims that stick out about a foot from the truck, and tint that is colored matched to your paint.

Point is, most of you lowered truck haters can EAD.

Thanks,
Justin

oh and FYI

Yo truck is dope... You raising the bed floor so it will look even?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:57 AM
thanks Justin -

yeah, since we have the extra 2" of bed depth, i'm going to take advantage of it. the pumpkin only peeks through about an inch, so i'll build the floor above that and you'll almost never know the difference.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Dribone
thanks Justin -

yeah, since we have the extra 2" of bed depth, i'm going to take advantage of it. the pumpkin only peeks through about an inch, so i'll build the floor above that and you'll almost never know the difference.

Good. Although I know those guys like to get creative and show off there work, I would much rather see a flat floor that is still usefull.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Good. Although I know those guys like to get creative and show off there work, I would much rather see a flat floor that is still usefull.
I agree, I love the look of body dropped mini trucks tuckin 24's but for some reason I'm always let down when I see a big axle hump..... or even worse, a hole

Old 06-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Bags and towing have always worked great together

Best of both worlds

Quick Reply: Bagged 04 layin frame