2004 - 2008 F-150

Avic-D3 On the Way!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am ordering this unit too but i went down to my local shop and they said that factory sub isnt reccomended with an aftermarket deck cuz it can either blow the sub and wreck it. They said they can do it but its just put togeather not in a legit way and if something happens than its my responsbility. Are other people running the factory subs?

Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by murray330
do you have to hook up a microphone and connect it to the hu, or can you use a bluetooth headset? i guess i'm not really sure how you talk once the hu picks up the phone.
My deck had bluetooth built in, and incuded a mic. I would assume on the desks without built in bluetooth, when you purchase the adaptor it would include the pioneer mic. It works excelent, and so long as the mic is close to you, people generally cant tell your on it. it can only conect to one BT device at a time, so if the phone is connected nothing else can be (not that it connects to a headset anyways)... Its basically a headset built in to the deck with an assload more control.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Just made the purchase last night on my new d3!! excited as hell, and could hardly sleep! also picked up the bluetooth adapter, ipod adapter, and review camera.

purchased everything from crutchfiled. It was a little higher priced then most websites, but i needed a little piece of mind. Some of those websites that had mentioned earlier, i did a "website site" review on. I saw several people have problems with late shipping, customer service issues, and just basically bad taste. Also, with crutchfield, I added the 15% discount coupon whiched saved a bundle! (3 pioneer purchases needed, and the coupon is good until the end of this month 3A185 i think)

thanks for all the ideas posted!!! This site is so great, but it's like a double edge sword. On one side, it's great because you can get a lot of answers, but on the other there are so many ideas a guy could go broke!!

Old 06-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by murray330
This site is so great, but it's like a double edge sword. On one side, it's great because you can get a lot of answers, but on the other there are so many ideas a guy could go broke!!
Congrats...and that quote is so so true.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
so can i get some conformation on the factory sub with this?

Old 06-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by SAtownTX
so can i get some conformation on the factory sub with this?
you want to know if the factory sub will work with the d3? yes it will. if you have the audiophile i believe you will need an additional wiring harness. go to crutchfield and enter you vehicle and such, it will ask if you have the factory sub. it will then tell you everything you need to install the unit.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 PM
thank youu

Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey Guys,
Just installed the ipod wire and also the XM radio kit. I was able to use the factory sirius antenna by taking off the plastic clip. Just activated, so i havent actually listened to or checked out the features. Next up will be an ipod to complete the system.

One other note, I tried to install some custom backgrounds using directions from avic411.com and cant get it to recognize the pics. followed instructions, im gonna try again with another disc.

greg

Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Avic-D3

Hi! New here, just got my 05 FX4 flareside last week. The factory radio cd player was jammed when I got it so I knew I was going to replace it anyhow. I just ordered the whole thing from Crutchfield. First the people who they get the harnesses from packed the wrong one in the right bag. I called Crutchfield and they overnighted a new one free. I just hooked it up about an hour ago. I didn't bypass the brake yet (I did it to the books). It did help about you guys saying about the pink wire. THANKS!! As for the factory sub I did get a harness with the main and hooked it up but I don't think it's working.? How do y'all have the antenna going? I'm going to go up in the headliner and out the bottom of the third brake light like my portable XM. Also, do I HAVE to hook up the reverse wire? If so where do I tap in that? Thanks for everything so far fellas! I may have more questions later.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
i have my navigation antenna right below the tray in the center of the dash. there is a nice piece of metal that the antenna fits perfectly into. i was kinda iffy on putting it there, but i get a great signal through the window and dash.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by gregbj33
Hey guys, Installed it this morning, and you're all right pretty easy install. the grey and black wire for speed sensor was easy and the black and pink reverse wire took maybe 3 mins to locate and connect. I'm assuming that under the staus screen where it shows, gps strength, illumination, park brake, etc. it said parking brake on and it wasnt that the bypass mod was a success, is this correct. also what is the back up line that shows low. any other quick tips now that everything is a go. for those with audiophile, does anyone have some eq and sub setting that maximize the potential of this system.

once again thanks!!!!!!!
The link shows a red f150. But when I click on your camera icon its a white f150. Whos is that it looks great.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 PM
have a question. i have the ipod adapter (cd-i100ii), bluetooth adapter (cd-btb200), and the d3. the back of the d3 has an ipod connection that is grey and female. The cable with the cd-i100ii is female and either grey or black. (meaning, i can't connect it to the d3. The question is, can i (or has anyone done this before) connect the cd-i100ii through the cd-btb200 and then go into the d3 still getting the full use of the ipod through the d3?

i contacted crutchfield (whom i bought the stuff from) and they said they are unsure of whether this will work or not.

just trying to save the hassel of returning it, but also want to save a step in connecting it if it's not going to work.

thanks for the help!! and i can't wait to start playing with it!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 02:41 AM
the ipod cable you have is not the correct cable...the cable that you need is the Pioneer iPod Direct Cable (CDI200). you should just run to bestbuy or circuit city and pick it up, then return the cable you have.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0BQJXk1...50&I=130CDI200 this is what you need.

i have no clue if that combo would work, you would probally need to talk to pioneer.

Last edited by gonefishin10; 06-16-2007 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by thenewbreed
The link shows a red f150. But when I click on your camera icon its a white f150. Whos is that it looks great.
yeah i dont know how that happened. my truck is the red fx4 shown in sig and in link below. is there someone out there that can fix my camera icn and link it back to my gallery(red fx4).

thanks!!!!!

Quick Reply: Avic-D3 On the Way!!!