2004 - 2008 F-150

Road Armor Bumper + Grill Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BestNTx
I wouldn't say too weak, but they would deff be put under some unneeded stress.
Some times I wish I had a straight axel

Old 05-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Some times I wish I had a straight axel
You only wish that sometimes? lol

IFS is weak, but I think people stress that it is weaker than it really is. Honestly how many of you have heard of people breaking there axles? I know of nobody. I only hear of people wearing out joints ect., mainly from leveling kits, or when some people who do coilovers and leveling kits. But even those joints are not that much to replace. Do you all really think that the bumpers are too much for IFS to handle? They are not that heavy, its not like they are filled with concrete like some people do. If anything it may make your truck sag a little in the front and wear the shocks. Dont get me wrong solid axles are great. Excellent articulation, very strong, and easy to work on.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by kalebarellano
You only wish that sometimes? lol

IFS is weak, but I think people stress that it is weaker than it really is. Honestly how many of you have heard of people breaking there axles? I know of nobody. I only hear of people wearing out joints ect., mainly from leveling kits, or when some people who do coilovers and leveling kits. But even those joints are not that much to replace. Do you all really think that the bumpers are too much for IFS to handle? They are not that heavy, its not like they are filled with concrete like some people do. If anything it may make your truck sag a little in the front and wear the shocks. Dont get me wrong solid axles are great. Excellent articulation, very strong, and easy to work on.
agreed. ive used my truck hard off road a few times...not many but it was fine and nothing wrong. Josiah i know runs his truck hard and there are plenty more who do. but Solid axles are just so much more bliss then IFS......cheaper and easier to lift, stronger, better for off roading and everyhting.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Our IFS is not weak by any means but no where near as strong as say the dodge 2500 with the straight axle and 4 link suspension or the F250. Yes with a heavy bumper like that with most IFS when you hit a bump your going to get some added weight which is going to push your control arms up then down and it's going to sacrifice steering and control. Not saying that I wouldn't get one in a heartbeat if I had the money, but yes it is ALOT of stress on a half tons IFS.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:15 PM
the bumper i bought is 175 lbs.!!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by patshea098
the bumper i bought is 175 lbs.!!
You might want to see about getting a steering stabilizer if you can, I'm not saying you have to have it but you will most likely want it. Your bumper is going to look sweet though, how much are you asking for your predator?

Quick Reply: Road Armor Bumper + Grill Pics