2004 - 2008 F-150

Alittle more info on the 6 door f150

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alittle more info on the 6 door f150

I was driving back from Waffle House and I saw one. It was a white XL I guess. It had a whole bunch of advertisment of a company that does the conversion. I really dont think ford is doing this or plans on doing this. The other truck in the other thread was probly not from ford since it wasnt camoflauged or anything. It was probly just another guy that had a normal truck and went to a company to do the conversion. I took 4 pics with my cell phone camera but I cant figure out how to send it to my email. So when I do i'll post some pics. The truck is the same as the one in the other thread. Same door handle and the same everything. Well when I get more info i'll post.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This configuration can be ordered through the dealer. The truck is built as a long wheelbase, but only a 5.5' bed is installed. Then the truck is sent to a third party body builder where the "bed box" is installed. That company then ships to dealer who ordered the truck. Only available in reg cab or super cab styles.

It would be interesting to see someone build a sound system in this "bed box".

Old 04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Here's a cut and paste from dealer order guide update.

04/01/07

LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES (April 2007)
• Correction: The 5.4L FFV engine (99V) is now available with
California and 50 State Emissions for Commercial and
Government Fleet only on the following vehicle configurations:
Regular Cab 8' box 145" WB 4x4 with 27 gallon fuel tank,
SuperCab 6.5' styleside box 145" WB 4x4 with 27 gallon fuel
tank and SuperCrew 6.5' styleside box 150" WB 4x4 with 27
galloon fuel tank.
The Mid-Box Prep option (55M) is now available on both retail,
stock and fleet orders. Via the Ship-Thru process, the vehicle
is shipped to Decoma where a Mid-Box is installed across the
back of the vehicle between the cab and the pickup box. The
Mid-Box provides secured and convenient storage from both
driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. Mid-Box Prep is
available on Regular Cab 145" wheelbase with the 5.5' box or
SuperCab 163" WB with 5.5' box in Oxford White monotone
(YZ) exterior paint only.
• FX2 Sport Package (86S) no longer requires the 5.4L V8 gas
or FFV engine and is now available on both the 4.6L V8 and
5.4L V8 engines.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by MACH1_69
This configuration can be ordered through the dealer. The truck is built as a long wheelbase, but only a 5.5' bed is installed. Then the truck is sent to a third party body builder where the "bed box" is installed. That company then ships to dealer who ordered the truck. Only available in reg cab or super cab styles.

It would be interesting to see someone build a sound system in this "bed box".
What part of south florida do you live in? We might be talking about the same company. The companys slogan was "Think inside the box" or atleast thats what the main advertising on the truck was. But the thing is, its obviously for people who had a truck already and wanted a toolbox or somthing similar. So im assuming that you can just bring your truck in and they'll take off the bed and install the 5.5 bed and the bed box. I think your explanation is backwards but its still the same thing. Any more info on the company? I have the pics but I cant make out a phone number. The company's name thats on the truck is "Midbox". Sound familiar?

Old 04-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I actually saw the same truck here in Miami Lakes, but i dont know what company it has on the side. I have seen it probably twice so if i see it again ill pay more attention.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford calls it the Tough Box and SVE Fleet calls it the Mid Box. You guys probably saw an SVE Fleet truck. Here is a link to the SVE site: http://www.svefleet.com/2006F150Chassis.html

Old 04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by nuclearthreat54
What part of south florida do you live in? We might be talking about the same company. The companys slogan was "Think inside the box" or atleast thats what the main advertising on the truck was. But the thing is, its obviously for people who had a truck already and wanted a toolbox or somthing similar. So im assuming that you can just bring your truck in and they'll take off the bed and install the 5.5 bed and the bed box. I think your explanation is backwards but its still the same thing. Any more info on the company? I have the pics but I cant make out a phone number. The company's name thats on the truck is "Midbox". Sound familiar?
I'm also in Broward county, but I have not seen that truck around town yet.

Yeah that might be a SVEfleet truck running around town. But what I was responding to was your first post about Ford not doing or making that configuration. Ford has created an order code for that "bed box". Something new as of April(this week). Although you order and buy the truck from the dealer, the truck does go to Decoma after the assembly plant. That's where the box is installed. I'm not sure where SVEfleet is located, but from the looks of there website, I'll bet that's who ford is using for there body assmbly.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Graphics Contributor
here you go.

Last edited by JBMX928; 04-06-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Pompano Beach Here

WOO HOO more broward county people..............finally im not alone anymore TOWERS ANYONE? lets get a bucknahalf club started

Old 04-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Deerfield/ Boca here-didnt realize there were so many S FL people on here

BTW I have not seen that truck around but then again work trucks dont really tend to catch my eye.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:51 PM
KJB
I thought you were talking about something totally different. I remember seeing an F-150 in Tucson about six years ago that had three doors per side in the cab...it was looong. Think F-150 limo.

Quick Reply: Alittle more info on the 6 door f150