2004 - 2008 F-150

Supercrew Rear Passenger's Door Lock Problem

Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercrew Rear Passenger's Door Lock Problem

Hey Guys,

I have a 2005 F150 supercrew and I'm having problems with the rear passenger's side door lock. The kid locks are turned off by the way.

Here is the scenario….

I'll be driving around with the doors locked and when I stop to let someone out of that door, I press unlock on the locks. However, the lock goes up a little bit, seems to catch on something and then go back down. It's like it won't go all the way up and actually unlock the door.

Current solution….

I repeatedly press unlock/lock until the lock eventually goes all the way up, thus letting whoever is inside, out. Sometimes this can take 20 tries.

This is beyond annoying and incredibly embarrassing in such a nice truck. Has anyone had this problem and have hints on what it could be?

I'd rather not take the door apart until I have a really good idea of what to look at. I've taken apart the door before to put on the Mark LT handles so I do know how to do it.

Maybe it just takes me taking it apart and hopefully the fix is obvious. I just wanted to see if anyone has actually had problems with their door before and possibly see if it's the motor.

Thanks,

Duke

Old 04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I had a similar issue after the LT handle install, the door lock would not go all the way up if someone tried to open the door while I pressed unlock.
A few tries of lock/unlock the door would open.

For me the issue ended up being the plastic clip had come out of the door panel, the one about 3/4 up in the middle of the door (since I stressed it a little getting it out). I re-installed it and the door has operated fine since (about 9 months). I didn't think that would actually cause the issue and was surprised that it corrected it.

Not sure if that is your issue but I would check that cable, it seems to be pretty sensitive to it's location, etc.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:10 PM
F150 Duke, I was actually surprised to see you post this up. Figured you would've seen the threads from back when where this issue was discussed.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ar+door+unlock

Old 04-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by pjb1
I had a similar issue after the LT handle install, the door lock would not go all the way up if someone tried to open the door while I pressed unlock.
A few tries of lock/unlock the door would open.

For me the issue ended up being the plastic clip had come out of the door panel, the one about 3/4 up in the middle of the door (since I stressed it a little getting it out). I re-installed it and the door has operated fine since (about 9 months). I didn't think that would actually cause the issue and was surprised that it corrected it.

Not sure if that is your issue but I would check that cable, it seems to be pretty sensitive to it's location, etc.
Thanks! I'll take this apart and check it out this weekend!

Duke

Old 04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by GordoPanocho
F150 Duke, I was actually surprised to see you post this up. Figured you would've seen the threads from back when where this issue was discussed.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ar+door+unlock
LOL! Ok, I'm caught...I didn't search....

However, I don't think those fixes apply to me since the outside handle won't work either in these situations.

Duke

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercrew Rear Passenger's Door Lock Problem