Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
How to get truck in neutral with dead battery? >

How to get truck in neutral with dead battery?

2004 - 2008 F-150

How to get truck in neutral with dead battery?

Old 02-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is everyone so hostile!!..lol almost funny. Anyway, i'm not sure on the fords, I know Chevy was setup to where you turn your key to the first position and you could shift out of park. Never tried it on a Ford

Old 02-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by lastorms
Why is everyone so hostile!!..lol almost funny. Anyway, i'm not sure on the fords, I know Chevy was setup to where you turn your key to the first position and you could shift out of park. Never tried it on a Ford
I tried to give good advice because I hate searching and reading pointless threads that get you no where. When people chime in and shoot from the hip it's very irritating to someone looking for a solid answer. An equation for my hostility!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by ryanbeal
That's only if you have some power but the activator at the brake pedal fails. I appreciate you looking into it though, when the battery is totally dead the only option you have is to remove the linkage and manually shift it into neutral under the truck.
That sounds like a damn complicated fix. I think this will inspire me to get one of those rescue batteries or something you plug into the acc power. Better that than screwing with the linkage, IMO.

Would something like a rescue battery have helped here?

Old 02-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by txnole
That sounds like a damn complicated fix. I think this will inspire me to get one of those rescue batteries or something you plug into the acc power. Better that than screwing with the linkage, IMO.

Would something like a rescue battery have helped here?
Yes, I found myself wishing I had one!

Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 AM
I just put jumper cables on for enough power to shift out of park. Why do things the hard way.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by ryanbeal View Post
FYI, I know someone will need this! SET PARKING BRAKE!! Get under truck locate shift linkage, pry shifter off and click it back twice, wa la neutral!
after watching many videos that did not help this was the simplest solution that I can't believe I did not think of yes someone did need this thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get truck in neutral with dead battery?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: