2004 - 2008 F-150

Did some Edge custom settings, how do they look?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
I would back off the timing to 1.00 and start from there. Level 3 on the EDGE is designed for 91 octane, and since you are running 93 you should only bump up your timing by 1.00. The general rule is half a degree in timing for every full point in octane. On my 05' I ran 1.25 on level 3, when I tried 1.5 I could feel it detonating thru the throttle pedal (it felt like a buzzing in the pedal under W.O.T.) and detonation will destroy an engine if left unchecked. So, I would start at 1.00 and adjust up from there, then when you feel it starting to detonate, back off .25 and you should be good.
No to hijack. But I have a buzzing through the throttle pedal on level 2 no custom settings. Only does it when engine is under light load in overdrive. Is that detonation or something else?

Old 02-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am having a hard time figuring out how your gettiong the "buzzing through the throttle". These are fly by wire. There is no mechanical connection. My stock truck I can feel the engine "buzz" thru the steering wheel though....

Old 02-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
No to hijack. But I have a buzzing through the throttle pedal on level 2 no custom settings. Only does it when engine is under light load in overdrive. Is that detonation or something else?
It could be, try running a higher octane gas and see if it goes away. If it does you may have to adjust your timing down or run better gas from then on.
I am having a hard time figuring out how your gettiong the "buzzing through the throttle". These are fly by wire. There is no mechanical connection. My stock truck I can feel the engine "buzz" thru the steering wheel though....
I know it's a drive by wire system, but I could feel it in the pedal.It may have been coming thru the floor or firewall and transmitting into the pedal. What I do know is that when I pulled back my timing a little bit it went away, and the truck seemed to run better.

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 02-11-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Did some Edge custom settings, how do they look?