2004 - 2008 F-150

Number 1? or Number 2? Rims & Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It actually DOES look WEIRD with the big mirrors. Honestly, I like #1 better.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X

It actually DOES look WEIRD with the big mirrors. Honestly, I like #1 better.
haha, now that's funny. butya can't deny it

so far we have 8 for #1 and 1 for #2 and the jury dosnt lie

Old 02-10-2007, 03:58 AM
As if rims and tires really matter at this point? No offense, but you had the nicest looking truck, and now it looks like some mad scientist from Honda started working on it.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by kingranch06
As if rims and tires really matter at this point? No offense, but you had the nicest looking truck, and now it looks like some mad scientist from Honda started working on it.
thank you for your opinion, but it really has nothing to do with the content of the thread. as for the honda comment... I really don't know what your tying to point out here. constructive critisism is welcome but opinions and general slander and negativity is not welcome here, just because you don't like lowered street trucks does not give you the right to start bashing on them, I don't personally like lifted trucks but I admire the ones that are built right and look good, I don't go in their threads saying " it looks like some hilljack from alabama started working on it." because that's wrong, and I know thet every vehicle owner has a diferent taste in what looks good and what doesn't. some may have poor judgement. but we arnt talking about sticking gigantic shopping cart wings on the back, chrome 26 inch rims, yellow racing stripes or cow scoop bumpers here, if you havnt noticed or havn't been reading truckin magazine lifted AND lowered trucks are in. why slam a work in progress when obviously this thread is concerning a step in the right direction to what I wanted my truck to look like in the first place (see gallery)

Last edited by styxnpicks; 02-10-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:02 AM
so i guess a #3 is out of the question???

-Alabama HillJack

Old 02-10-2007, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
thank you for your opinion, but it really has nothing.....
Just like your comments had nothing to do with what I stated. Who said I do not like or like lifted or lowered trucks? You asked what we thought. Rims and tires don't matter at this point. There's really not a whole lot of sense in working on yet another tire and rim combo when the truck has mismatched paint and out of proportion emblems, mirrors, no flares, etc. So what if a rim is scratched? Finish what you already started. Your truck could look great, but it won't if you're like one of those import owners who jumps from project to project but doesn't finish anything.

Last edited by kingranch06; 02-10-2007 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Old 02-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by matthewfedex
so i guess a #3 is out of the question???

-Alabama HillJack
#4 is out of the question (insert lifted kodiak or f650 on 48's here)

what everyone here doesn't know is that I'm helping my buddy build a rock crawler out of a 67 bronco. had to install the tranny and transfer cases last weekend. anyone who needs 4 shift levers sticking out of the floor is nuts.

anywho, why are you bashing a work in progress kingranch? you've been here all of one day and you feel the need to insert you little comments here and there. So what if the front bumper is the wrong color right now.. its not my fault the paint shop mixed up the wrong color.. even after I gave them the correct paint code twice. at least its not chrome. the TWO scratched rims gives me the opportunity to buy smaller rims and tires And a set of winter rims and tires for the rear. this is a long ongoing project vehicle that takes time and money... two things I wish I had more of. I plan on buying fender flares and an HD valance sometime in spring... when that happens I will have my bodyshop (the same one that painted the handles, tonneau, mirrors, and roll pan) paint everything all at once. in the mean time I would like to collect the parts needed for the front suspension. I know it looks like crap right now with the mismtched bumper... believe me I was pissed when I realised I wasted 180 bucks and a weekend painting it over my birthday. but I'm not finished yet. and come summer time I should be closer to my goal photoshop (minus the sideskirts and fender vents) the only other thing I really want to do is shave the rear tailgate emblems, once its all done everything will be in proportion

Old 02-10-2007, 05:45 AM
who cares what anybody thinks... if you like it and your happy then be happy.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by matthewfedex
who cares what anybody thinks... if you like it and your happy then be happy.
thanks man,

the funny thing is that I wanted a f350 crewcab duallie with an 8 foot bed before I bought my truck. then I realised I didn't need a truck that big...ever. I wish I could just write a check right now and have my truck be done... however I don't make that kind of money and I have to work hard for what I have an even harder to fix what I screw up... which only makes me appreciate the work time and money I have invested in my truck more as I start seeing the results of all the hard work (like my rear end)

Old 02-10-2007, 06:03 AM
So what if the front bumper is the wrong color right now.. at least its not chrome.

I have to work hard for what I have
The sign of an adult

an even harder to fix what I screw up...
Part of life as an adult

which only makes me appreciate the work time and money I have invested in my truck more as I start seeing the results of all the hard work

Last edited by anaheim_drew; 02-10-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
I woulda kept it if it was white or black, chrome and red on a "street" themed 04+ f150 just doesn't work... I do find it funny that almost every bagged 04+ f150 I've seen featured in a mag has a chrome front bumper, grile and billet grill.... its a good look, just not on red

Old 02-10-2007, 06:21 AM
I woulda kept it if it was white or black, chrome and red on a "street" themed 04+ f150 just doesn't work... I do find it funny that almost every bagged 04+ f150 I've seen featured in a mag has a chrome front bumper, grile and billet grill.... its a good look, just not on red
Whats funny to me is that I am doing everything I can to not go with the painted bumper, monochrome look that I used since the 80's

every bagged 04+ f150 I've seen featured in a mag has a chrome front bumper, and billet grill....
Works for me

Last edited by anaheim_drew; 02-10-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:31 AM
you all think the f150s tacky (i know... its not) you shoulda seen the minivan I had when I was 16... TACKY.....

Quick Reply: Number 1? or Number 2? Rims & Tires