2004 - 2008 F-150

Hood got Repainted

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood got Repainted

Well guys I had some pretty severe dents on the hood so I decided to get it repainted at a Ford Dealer Bodyshop. Just picked it up today and the first thing I noticed was that as they were putting the grille back on they chipped some paint off on the edge where there was contact. My worry about this is they might blame me because I have a full-replacement CW grille. Furthermore I looked on the hood and I could see several very small bumps..I don't know how to explain it but it is as if a speck of dust settled on the hood and dried on with the paint. My question is am I being too ****? I'm hoping to go back on Monday and talk to the bodyshop manager about this in a professional manner. Any suggestions what else I should do and what I should specifically ask for? Thanks

Old 05-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They will probably just wet sand it and buff it out. That should take care of it. Just re-check it before you leave the second time. As far as the small scratches due to the grill that will probably be your problem. I would loosen the grill and use touch up paint and no one will ever know.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some work done on my old Ranger a few years ago. Took em three tires to get the paint right. Had those same small bumps. Pissed me off. Get them to fix it.

Quick Reply: Hood got Repainted