2004 - 2008 F-150

F150online Pismo GetTogether May 20th!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F150online Pismo GetTogether May 20th!

After getting the green light from RP I'm posting this as a reminder to those of you who have still not RSVP'd and were left with a "maybe" status, this meet is in 3 days! Please read the thread so you are updated. NorCal and SoCal have their own groups riding together, if you'd like to join one of those groups pm the appropriate person (02SuperCrew4x for the SoCal convoy, myself for NorCal's). We are still missing several of the "maybe" guys contact info. If you might be one of them check on the thread, thanks! If this is news to you and you'd like to attend, don't be shy. Most of us have not met one another so you won't be the only one. Check the link below for more information about the Pismo Beach Meet.

Here is the thread.

Last edited by Josiah; 05-17-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea! Back to Pismo!! BBQ & Beers!
And trucks, what more could I ask for?

Now I will have people to pull me out when I get stuck again.
Does anyone have straps?

Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Old 05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I guess I'm the official So Cal coordinator now? Well, thats cool. Anyone from SoCal who wants to convoy up on Friday night, I'll be leaving at around 8pm from Indio, California. I am just hoping that its not like last time I went where they have the dunes closed off until 6 A.M. Does anyone know or can they confirm this?

EDIT: I may leave Saturday morning if this is the case. Early. Around 8am. PM me!

Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
OMC
I won't be able to make it... I am still in jurry duty and still only getting 15 dollars a day. So I hope you all have a good time and drive safe. Have a beer for me!!!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah
After getting the green light from RP...
Josiah -- THANK YOU for contacting me prior to posting. I really appreciate that... I hope you guys have a great meet!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X
I guess I'm the official So Cal coordinator now? Well, thats cool. Anyone from SoCal who wants to convoy up on Friday night, I'll be leaving at around 8pm from Indio, California. I am just hoping that its not like last time I went where they have the dunes closed off until 6 A.M. Does anyone know or can they confirm this?

EDIT: I may leave Saturday morning if this is the case. Early. Around 8am. PM me!
8am...early? Sheesh...you Cali guys sleep too late!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Eh, I can afford it. I think...

Old 05-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm not gonna make it, but having run the Pismo sand in other vehicles I want to mention that if you take it on the beach expect to wash it thoroughly afterwards.
But beware the local car washes.

Plan on taking it to the do it yourself places. There is one right at the north beach entrance, behind the Laundromat.

I have had the finish ruined on my toad by taking it to a hand wash place in Pismo.
They get sand in their rags/sponges and then scrap the sand over your finish.
They even have sand on their microfiber drying towels.
This sand will ruin your paint worse than anything I have ever seen.

Use the wands and spray all the salt mist off your truck after every day of play.
Running in the surf is not so good for your truck.
The small creek at the south end of the beach is just regular water and you can and will drive thorough it lots of times while you are there.

Great place to play, Pismo, and there are several state parks which if you stay there you can drive on the beach free as part of the park cost.
Chris

Old 05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
So Chris, are the parks open all hours? What if I need to get in the park at say....12AM? Would I be better off to stay in a hotel for a night and check into the park the next day?

Old 05-18-2006, 02:20 PM
So Chris, are the parks open all hours? What if I need to get in the park at say....12AM? Would I be better off to stay in a hotel for a night and check into the park the next day?
I think Josiah mentioned before there are no attendants after dark, but he wasnt sure.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:22 PM
The beach access is open 24 hours (no gates). The people in the booth leave around 9-10pm.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:55 PM

The parks usually want reservations, and if you have those you can enter whenever. The staff goes home sometime after dark. Lots of motels around that area. There are five small towns clumped together, example Oceana is where one of the gates are. Pismo is just one of the five towns.
I usually take a motorhome so I stay in the parks. There are twenty thirty parks there. You can also camp on the beach, again, call for reservations. This is a major tourist area, so don't be surprised at how full everything gets.
Chris

Old 05-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by roushlimited
The beach access is open 24 hours (no gates). The people in the booth leave around 9-10pm.
I am going to have to figure this out when I get there I guess. So the Arroyo Grande gate, off of Grand(?) St. has no attendants? Is that correct? Mike, help me out here. I can't remember which exit to get off of on the 101.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I am going to have to figure this out when I get there I guess. So the Arroyo Grande gate, off of Grand(?) St. has no attendants? Is that correct? Mike, help me out here. I can't remember which exit to get off of on the 101.

It has no attendants after dark. Get off on Grand Ave./CA 227 offramp which is just pass the Traffic Way offramp in the city of Arroyo Grande. Go left(west) and follow it down till you can't go anymore, that is the entrance to the beach. It is about 20 miles north of Santa Maria.

Quick Reply: F150online Pismo GetTogether May 20th!