2004 - 2008 F-150

Kenwood Ddx-6019 Vs. Pioneer Avic-z1

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenwood Ddx-6019 Vs. Pioneer Avic-z1

Can anyone help me out ? I have been searching the boards furiously for useful information comparing these two units:

Kenwood P-NAV6019 includes: DDX-6019 & KVAG510

VS.

Pioneer AVIC-Z1

Both have similar optional capabilities ie. bluetooth, ipod adapter, xm, sirius, rear-camera, tv tuner, ect...

**** Can anyone tell me if there is a way to bypass for video in motion on the KENWOOD DDX-6019 Please ???? ****

if anyone knows anything about this motion bypass or anything negative about the kenwoods feel free to instant message me at andykttu0429 or email andrew.keene@ttu.edu

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by texastechKA; 04-22-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by texastechKA
Can anyone help me out ? I have been searching the boards furiously for useful information comparing these two units:

Kenwood P-NAV6019 includes: DDX-6019 & KVAG510

VS.

Pioneer AVIC-Z1

Both have similar optional capabilities ie. bluetooth, ipod adapter, xm, sirius, rear-camera, tv tuner, ect...

**** Can anyone tell me if there is a way to bypass for video in motion on the KENWOOD DDX-6019 Please ???? ****

if anyone knows anything about this motion bypass or anything negative about the kenwoods feel free to instant message me at andykttu0429 or email andrew.keene@ttu.edu

Thanks for any help.

kenwoods are easy to bypass. theres like a green wire (i think) anywhoo they want you to hook that up to the e-brake light. just ground that wire and your good to go

Old 04-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
kenwoods are easy to bypass. theres like a green wire (i think) anywhoo they want you to hook that up to the e-brake light. just ground that wire and your good to go
You are correct, it is a green wire. At least it was on my 7015.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:49 PM
is it true u have to connect a separate dvd player to play dvds?

Old 04-22-2006, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't heard about the 6019, so I'm assuming it's new. Is it doubledin and does it have nav? How much is each unit?

Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I haven't heard about the 6019, so I'm assuming it's new. Is it doubledin and does it have nav? How much is each unit?
Yes, it is new.

Details:

» in-dash DVD player with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
» fits double-sized (4" tall) dash openings
» motorized faceplate with 6.95" LCD video screen with adjustable display angle and touchscreen controls
» plays DVDs, DVD-Rs/RWs, DVD+Rs/+RWs, CDs, CD-Rs/RWs, MP3/WMA discs, JPEG, and MPEG1 and 2 files
» System Q Sound Control
» System E's+ Advanced Crossover system
» Installer Memory retains audio settings even if the vehicle's battery is disconnected
» XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
» compatible with Kenwood CD changer, TV tuner, HD Radio tuner, or iPod Control Interface
» compatible with Kenwood's Bluetooth adapter (available in the fall) for hands-free calls with compatible cell phones
» rear-view camera input
» input for a compatible Kenwood navigation system
» audio/video input
» audio/video output
» dual-zone capable
» front, rear, subwoofer preamp outputs
» wireless remote control
» CR-2 tuner
» 18 FM/6 AM presets
» DVD frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz
» DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 98 dB
» FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf
» warranty: 1 year

Old 04-23-2006, 01:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by countyboy04
Yes, it is new.

Details:

» in-dash DVD player with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
» fits double-sized (4" tall) dash openings
» motorized faceplate with 6.95" LCD video screen with adjustable display angle and touchscreen controls
» plays DVDs, DVD-Rs/RWs, DVD+Rs/+RWs, CDs, CD-Rs/RWs, MP3/WMA discs, JPEG, and MPEG1 and 2 files
» System Q Sound Control
» System E's+ Advanced Crossover system
» Installer Memory retains audio settings even if the vehicle's battery is disconnected
» XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
» compatible with Kenwood CD changer, TV tuner, HD Radio tuner, or iPod Control Interface
» compatible with Kenwood's Bluetooth adapter (available in the fall) for hands-free calls with compatible cell phones
» rear-view camera input
» input for a compatible Kenwood navigation system
» audio/video input
» audio/video output
» dual-zone capable
» front, rear, subwoofer preamp outputs
» wireless remote control
» CR-2 tuner
» 18 FM/6 AM presets
» DVD frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz
» DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 98 dB
» FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf
» warranty: 1 year
Damn it looks great. And it's only $700 on ebay. Wish I could afford something like that, some guy was with us wheeling and had spent $1800 on a sound system with a popup screen, sounded killer when the thx logo came on and did the sound test. Man I was pissed, dvd screens get all the lady's Only kidding, thats not on my list of priority's.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Question

Oppinions people, which one, AVIC Z1 or the Kenwood ??? The Kenwood Accessories are WAY cheaper, and you could get more of them & the system for less, but does anyone know who to choose, pioneer or kenwood ??

Old 04-27-2006, 02:57 PM
That looks great....

I'm always concerned about replacing my stock audiophile 6-cd unit though.

I love the steering wheel controls, speed sensitive volume, centralized control for my factory overhad DVD player, etc.

When I can be assured I wont lose this I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by InCuBuS
is it true u have to connect a separate dvd player to play dvds?
With the Kenwoods, the screen tilts down and the DVD slot is behind the screen. At least it was with my 7015.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
crutchfield has a combination package that includes the nav system too.

Pretty pricey at $1600 though.

Link

Old 04-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Both units are good quality. It's not like you are looking at Sparkomatic or anything like that. (you old guys that are laughing are showing your age)

If you are considering adding more components down the road, then you are right...the kenwood is going to be a good option. If you want a little better SQ and material quality...go for the Alpine at a little higher price. Both brands are going to offer you some good stuff...after that its just features and personal preference. I went with Kenwood Excelon simply because I have had lots of good luck with them in the past.

Honestly, when you get on the road you won't be paying enough attention to notice which screen gives you more detail. The navs are similar in function....just play with them both and see which one you like better. Is that stereo shop still down on 34th & University? Stans?

Wreck em'

Old 04-27-2006, 03:39 PM
I was just looking at buying the Kenwood but I use my ipod a lot in my Pioneer Dvd. Does the kenwood have an Ipod hookup you can get?

Old 04-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
I was just looking at buying the Kenwood but I use my ipod a lot in my Pioneer Dvd. Does the kenwood have an Ipod hookup you can get?
Kenwood does have an ipod adapter you can get.
Kenwood KCA-iP500 iPod™ Control Interface - $100 from Crutchfield.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Quick Reply: Kenwood Ddx-6019 Vs. Pioneer Avic-z1