2004 - 2008 F-150

Kenwood Ddx-6019 Vs. Pioneer Avic-z1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steve293
OK DUKE! You win..i talked to the guys at Pioneer and they made a green-button Z1 JUST for you.

Hahaha! Nice paint shop work! Yeah I actually spoke with them this week a couple times about this. I said the only thing they're missing is RDS and green buttons (or the ability to change the color).

I even asked if you could take the front of the unit apart and manually change the color of the buttons (LEDs or whatever). They had one of the engineers get on the line to see if it was possible and he said no. They way they light up the buttons, it's impossible to change.

Big bummer there, so now I'm considering the Kenwood 6019. Interested to see what the installed pictures of the interface and night pics look like.

Duke

Old 05-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey duke...I have the 6019 if your interested! I just am not used to the features and pretty much hate it. I think I am going alpine IVA-W200.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
Hey duke...I have the 6019 if your interested! I just am not used to the features and pretty much hate it. I think I am going alpine IVA-W200.
Lets talk about the potential purchase details of this off line in terms of cost etc so as to not violate rules.

However, I don't think it'd be a violation to talk about the unit here.

So it's just the way the screens are setup that you're not used to and that's why you don't like it?

Do you have the nav unit too?

Could you take some night time pictures to see how it looks lighted up next to our other dash lights? I would like to see how the green matches our stock green lights.

Could you take pictures of some of the different screens that are available?

Is there a bypass so you can use all the features while moving?

How is the screen clarity?

How long have you had the unit and where did you buy it from?

Thanks for answering all the questions.

Duke

Old 05-14-2006, 05:51 AM
uh ok here it goes...

Yes. everything works awesome except for the Ipod hookup menu ,(which I use all the time) thats why I cant stand this deck.

I do not have the nav unit (but i can throw in the Ipod hookup)

I have no idea how to turn the lights into the green color. But the blue looks good ( i will get pics up when I am not drunk and partying)

Different screens? I have no idea what your trying to say. As in displays maybe?

I do believe all you have to do is hook the green wire up to a ground. Please anyone tell me otherwise if i am wrong.

Screen clarity is great. Just the same as my older pioneer.

I had this unit installed in my truck for 1 day. I got it from sonic electronics on ebay.

sweet i think i answered all of them. hopefully

Old 05-14-2006, 12:41 PM
uh ok here it goes...

Yes. everything works awesome except for the Ipod hookup menu ,(which I use all the time) thats why I cant stand this deck.

I do not have the nav unit (but i can throw in the Ipod hookup)

I have no idea how to turn the lights into the green color. But the blue looks good ( i will get pics up when I am not drunk and partying)

Different screens? I have no idea what your trying to say. As in displays maybe?

I do believe all you have to do is hook the green wire up to a ground. Please anyone tell me otherwise if i am wrong.

Screen clarity is great. Just the same as my older pioneer.

I had this unit installed in my truck for 1 day. I got it from sonic electronics on ebay.

sweet i think i answered all of them. hopefully
Hey 04procomp,

Thanks for anwering those questions for me. I'd appreciate it if you could snap a few pictures for me when you get the chance.

By different screens I meant one of what it looks like while listening to the radio, one of a settings or menu type screen, one of the iPod interface, etc.

Kind of like what steve did to his z1 except it wouldn't include nav pics.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?num=11149

Duke

Old 05-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Ok dude. I will snap some night pics tonight. I will post them ASAP. I just need to get rid of this hangover now.

Old 05-14-2006, 05:05 PM
sounds good. i have been looking online but cant find how to change the color of the light. has to be in the settings somewhere.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Here is a few pictures. They are horrible but they give you the idea on how the display looks, and sort of an idea how it looks with a movie playing.

This is the screen for the Ipod, which is basically the same as the tuner.

With movie playing...little blurry due to the moving picture...

Old 05-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I am considering getting this Kenwood unit sometime in the near future. Does anybody have the BT adapter hooked up to it yet? I am very curious to get some more detail about it (i.e. how the phonebook works, display, sound quality, etc.)

For what its worth, I have had great success with Kenwood in the past. The quality has been great, and I have never had issues with them. I have had 4 separate units, all of which have done me well. They always look good, and are user friendly. I have no doubt that this new one is the same.

Also, anybody have the NAV component up and running yet? Very curious to hear a comparison vs. older models.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:05 PM
That interface does look kind of crummy for the iPOD on the Kenwood 6019. It looks like it's difficult to sort via song, artist, genre, etc. I really like the screen shots shown by one of the members in the nav forum of the Eclipse 6600. The only problem with the eclipse is no BT, XMNavtraffic, and RDS which are three (definitely two) big negatives. But 6600 unit does look the most OEM out of all the choices.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Haha, this could get me in trouble again. But I am looking to get rid of this unit already so if anyone interested hit me up. I wont say the price because that would get me in trouble so hit me up and we can discuss anything you wanna know.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Haha, this could get me in trouble again. But I am looking to get rid of this unit already so if anyone interested hit me up. I wont say the price because that would get me in trouble so hit me up and we can discuss anything you wanna know.
People can't send PMs to your account because you have requested to not recieve PMs. You'll have to post your email address.

Email me at kuba0043@umn.edu

Duke

Old 05-15-2006, 04:40 PM
I emailed you...This is my email addres oomcneilranger@aol.com hit it up!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by TeckBargins
My turn to ask away:
Do you know if buy the sirius kenwood adapter does it show serious channels and whats playing ??

How well does the nav perform?

Can you do half movie/half nav on screen?

Thanks, and looks great!
Yes the unit shows the Sirius stuff playing

I love the Nav so far it is bang on, I even added the mic and voice option and talk to it, works well 80% you have to be clear when speaking

On the half Nav Hlaf movie good question I have never tried that.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 PM
How do you change the color? The only color I get is Blue.

Quick Reply: Kenwood Ddx-6019 Vs. Pioneer Avic-z1