F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Mark another one on the wall for a sparkplug broke off in a head (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/228479-mark-another-one-wall-sparkplug-broke-off-head.html)

Stealth 09-02-2006 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
Just because YOU'VE taken your truck to the dealer and determine YOU didnt have a problem, doesnt mean the problem doesnt apply to the rest of us. So if you have determined the problem doesnt apply to you, then stop posting on the thread. Simple as that. But of the rest of us, the problem still is a reality and are still gathering information, hence why the thread exists. Its a pretty selfish mindset to say that since youre in the clear, we should all stop talking about it.

Man, you need an attitude adjustment when you get your plug dilema fixed. I do not even remotely care that you have problems, if you even "do". You just continually irritate people with your inept rhetoric and demand everyone think as you do.

Come on out of your little box and accept the fact that some here have no problems. Simple as that.

ThumperMX113 09-02-2006 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth
Man, you need an attitude adjustment when you get your plug dilema fixed. I do not even remotely care that you have problems, if you even "do". You just continually irritate people with your inept rhetoric and demand everyone think as you do.

Come on out of your little box and accept the fact that some here have no problems. Simple as that.

Dammnnnn!! :lurk: :devil:

silverbullet5.4 09-02-2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth

Look, I never said that everyone on here had a problem. I guess we can only have threads on here that pertain to everyone?? The problem is very real for some, so I dont see the reason you want it to go away?? If you dont like reading about it, then dont...simple as that.

Stealth 09-02-2006 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
Look, I never said that everyone on here had a problem. I guess we can only have threads on here that pertain to everyone?? The problem is very real for some, so I dont see the reason you want it to go away?? If you dont like reading about it, then dont...simple as that.

Hey I don't mean to come off as a clown. I was going down the same road when I first heard of the plug problem. I was just a bit concerned to say the least. I gathered all the info I could to ease my concern, and then found out about the plug tsb and my build date was included. Just for the sole reason of the plug problems I saw here did I really want the dealer to do the plugs. They had zero problems whatsoever taking them out. Eased my mind greatly and I found out first hand that there was no problem, at least in my case. I think most the problems from the numerous searches I've done on the subject concluded the deposits that cause the R/R problems were caused by stop and go driving habits, but then again some that do that driving style have had no problems.

Grim 09-02-2006 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by kd4crs
Nope it doesn't fall into the cylinder. It just stays stuck in the spark plug hole in the cylinder.

I was wondering about the ground extension which is missing in the attached photos--I know that the electrode cover stays in the holes. Thanks!

Grim

haywagon 09-09-2006 01:16 AM

Spark plug issue

I have a 2004 with 75,000 miles on that I had the dealer install a Roush supercharger on this week. They broke a majority of the plugs while trying to change them as the kit comes with new Autolite plugs. They absorbed the cost of pulling the heads on the truck to get the pieces out. They even gave me a copy of a factory service bullitin they found out about after this problem came up in case I ever decided to try and do it myself...heck no!! Guess I got lucky.

By the way the supercharger is awesome. If you would like to wake up that 5.4 I highly recommend it!!

silverbullet5.4 09-09-2006 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by haywagon
I have a 2004 with 75,000 miles on that I had the dealer install a Roush supercharger on this week. They broke a majority of the plugs while trying to change them as the kit comes with new Autolite plugs. They absorbed the cost of pulling the heads on the truck to get the pieces out. They even gave me a copy of a factory service bullitin they found out about after this problem came up in case I ever decided to try and do it myself...heck no!! Guess I got lucky.

By the way the supercharger is awesome. If you would like to wake up that 5.4 I highly recommend it!!

Thx for the info, its appearing that this is a common problem despite certain nay sayers. Glad it worked out for you. :thumbsup:

Stealth 09-09-2006 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by haywagon

That sucks, man. But at least you didn't have that happen on your watch.

As stated previously in this thread, mine came out without a hitch, but that doesn't make me a nay-sayer.

mslc1 09-09-2006 08:12 PM

This is why the resale trade in value sux !!:mad: went to chk out some other vehicles and the most they are offering is 12k for my 35k truck .Pretty sad .