2004 - 2008 F-150

New Body Style

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like em both

I have less than a week and my 01 will be all paid off, I have never even sat in the new style f-150 I dont want to cause I know ill end up driving one home, they look comfy, but liek the other posts, I dont think as quick as a older style. In Illinois a truck gets truck plates you can get rv plates but a lot of goofy things have to be done to the truck, but these new things like the avalance or that thing by honda, I think is nothing more than a open back suv. If you cant put 7ft fishing poles in the back of your truck you shouldnt have truck plates or call it a truck period. and as far as ugliest vehicle the pontiac aztec lol

Old 02-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
What about the Ridgeline?

I mean even though the cab and bed are all one piece, I guess its not really a truck.
I want to be there when some idiot driving one of these offroad gets a flat tire when the bed is full. It's like a car, you have to empty out the trunk, or bed in this case, to get to the spare tire that's hidden in a compartment in the bed floor. You can't just reach under the truck to get it.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
I think that I am the only one on these boards that likes the SuperChief truck.....

I am a fan of it. I love the interior

Old 02-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by 928gt

Ford 427 Concept..

Old 02-07-2006, 07:49 PM
the aztec is by far the ugliest car out there

Old 02-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Smokeneck
I beg to differ; The Chevy Avalanche and that little thing GM produced that looks like the rear end of it was cut off are two of the ugliest vehicles I've ever seen.
You must be referring to the Pontiac Asstek! It's fugly!

Old 02-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok Fellas, I am going to start saving my pennies just in case the new style that comes out happens to rock I love my 05, but hey, I can change with the times as long as I'm in a Ford.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I suppose I started this topic in the wrong section of the forum. Heh, oh well.

Anyway, the SuperChief is not the ugliest thing in the world...the Ford Gorilla Concept is. That thing is pathetic, and the interior looks like cheese.

By the way, Ford should bring back the Bronco (especially since the Excursion is being discontinued).

Old 02-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
(especially since the Excursion is being discontinued).
really??!?!?!?

Old 02-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88

By the way, Ford should bring back the Bronco (especially since the Excursion is being discontinued).

They are replacing the Excursion with an longer version of the Expedition.

BTW has anyone priced a used Excursion...the depreciation on those things is unreal! My dealer said the only thing with worse depreciation is a Taurus. I have seen several 04s Excursions for less than $18K local. My brother-in-law just bought a 03 Limited (V10 with 58K miles) for $15K. Now the PS Excursions are still pretty expensive but they just about give the gas burners away....especialy compared to what they cost new.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:24 AM
I had a 2001 F150 that my dad gave me and I liked it very much.(Mom and Dad have Silverados)
One day, a friend told me... "Have you seen the new Fords..?, maaan.., the Box is taller, etc.", I wasn't interested at that time so I didn't pay attention

In my opinion, the 2004-06 F150 design is the one closest to what a perfect truck design should be. I didn't even go to see the Titans, Rams, etc. I just went directly to the Ford dealer and my 2006 truck was there in 5 days.

If I could just know how to use some 3D software I would try to re-design this truck to modify some details.

I must say, I'm worried about the new design to be better than the one I have..., I wouldn't like to have to deal with spending more $$ again in a truck, you know, the tentation.. the desire.. damn..!!! those trucks.

BTW.. that Super Chief is ugly, period.
(go back to the design board)

And yes, my 2006 F150 RCab Fx4 Triton 5.4 feels a lot heavier than my 2001 F150 RCab 6cyl.

Salutes

Giorgio

Old 02-08-2006, 04:33 AM
i love this body style over the 97-03.. now if they would only put the powerstroke in these with the torqueshift and beef up the suspension.. and put in the tow command.. and make em bigger.. and lift them up a lil more. and put the F-250 emblem on the side

Old 02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
the aztec is by far the ugliest car out there
Thank you! I couldn't remember the name of it! Absolutely by far the ugliest vehicle on the road. Not to bash Chevy or rather GM, but they seem to have a inclination towards building some ugly cars and trucks sometimes.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 PM
LOL...Y'all are quick to bash the Avalanche for it's looks, but I've had two of them and only sold the last one for my 05 F150 due to the payment...I'm looking to build a house and needed to cut some expenses. My 02 and 04 Avalanches were the best vehicles I've ever owned. I only traded my 02 for the 04 because it had more gadgets and I wanted to try leather seats that I didn't get on the 02. The Avalanche is not quite a pickup, not quite an SUV...it's a bastard child of both and can do either quite well. I love my F150 and plan on sticking with Ford trucks for now, but if I had a choice of trucks for the same monthly payment, I'd take my 04 Avalanche back before you could say "ugly plastic truck".

Old 02-09-2006, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shookman34
LOL...Y'all are quick to bash the Avalanche for it's looks, but I've had two of them and only sold the last one for my 05 F150 due to the payment...I'm looking to build a house and needed to cut some expenses. My 02 and 04 Avalanches were the best vehicles I've ever owned. I only traded my 02 for the 04 because it had more gadgets and I wanted to try leather seats that I didn't get on the 02. The Avalanche is not quite a pickup, not quite an SUV...it's a bastard child of both and can do either quite well. I love my F150 and plan on sticking with Ford trucks for now, but if I had a choice of trucks for the same monthly payment, I'd take my 04 Avalanche back before you could say "ugly plastic truck".
That is the wierdest thing I've heard. I've heard of Avalanche converts but never heard they regretted it, then again, I never asked. I am going to search for interior pics of them. What did you like about the truck, please list it all.

Quick Reply: New Body Style