2004 - 2008 F-150

EDGE Evolution intitial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runnerbl
I doubt it is better price than the group buy. Don't see how they would sell individual units for that low of price. Could be, but doubt it
I had read that the group buy price was at $$$ shipped. This retailer has them for $$$ shipped Not much difference but you don't have to worry about a coupon. I read that about 16 people got it for $$$ because the dealer was price matching another who ended up backing out of fulfilling the orders. So the prices went up. Just what I was informed. :o

Last edited by TX-FX-4; 01-26-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
I had read that the group buy price was at 365.oo shipped. This retailer has them for 359.99 shipped Not much difference but you don't have to worry about a coupon. I read that about 16 people got it for 326.00 because the dealer was price matching another who ended up backing out of fulfilling the orders. So the prices went up. Just what I was informed. :o

I think the $365 was w/ a 17% coupon that was available to everyone. Then there was another coupon that took off $101 and people that bought in the group buy said there price was around $15 below that. That was a group of 60 or so. I guess if someone really wants it then don't really make much difference how much it is. Gotta pay to play

Old 01-26-2006, 12:14 AM
truckraingparts.com will have their coupon again tomorrow morning (thursday).. i am not sure if it will be for the same amount off as before but if it is the final price will be 339 shipped..... they had it at that price when they had stock... they sold a ton for them....another site matched that price, discountpowerparts.com when truckracing had the product in stock, since they do not now, discounts price is 359 +shipping....

from what i understand the group buy was less than 339 but not by much...

check truckracing tomorrow (thursday) if your interested in the Edge....

When businesses compete Consumers win.....

Old 01-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks FORREST. I called truck racing parts yesterday and they said they may not have any for a couple of weeks due to their backorder status and that they are trying to fill the ones that have already been placed. I never really got an answer from them as far as price, nor did I really see the price on any of the many forums I was looking at. The one I saw said the first price so when these guys said $$$ I jumped on it. I am happy with the price and at least they have stock to fill and not on backorder. I was late on the bandwagon with the group buy since I was moving.

Last edited by TX-FX-4; 01-26-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:46 PM
check now...

their coupon is there for 101.10 off of 440.10 = 339 shipped.. give'm a call....
mine JUST arrived from Fed-Ex, and i am gonna hook her up in a few.....

Old 01-26-2006, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=KiCk *** FX4]

Does anyone have a 2003+ Chevy Tahoe??? The trottle response is amazing on those SUVs and I was wondering if anyone could give a comparison. I hear this EDGE really helps the sh1tty throttle response in the stock setup.

I dont have any programer yet but I do own a 05 Tahoe and im so pissed at the power of the f-150. I drive the Tahoe on the weekends (wifes truck for the kids)
and the power is like going from a Lightning to a Civic it just sucks. I went to the dealer 3 times and the dealer told me to get a programer. The Tahoe has a 5.3l and now you can get the 6.0l in the new 07 model. If I find out that im not using the bed that much in my screw im going to get a Suburban. More power,better fuel, more comfertable. We`ve had the Tahoe for 15 months and its been to the dealer once for an inspection sticker thats it. Plus on star is great. Still like the F-150 but ford needs to step up.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=05supercrew]
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4

Does anyone have a 2003+ Chevy Tahoe??? The trottle response is amazing on those SUVs and I was wondering if anyone could give a comparison. I hear this EDGE really helps the sh1tty throttle response in the stock setup.

I dont have any programer yet but I do own a 05 Tahoe and im so pissed at the power of the f-150. I drive the Tahoe on the weekends (wifes truck for the kids)
and the power is like going from a Lightning to a Civic it just sucks. I went to the dealer 3 times and the dealer told me to get a programer. The Tahoe has a 5.3l and now you can get the 6.0l in the new 07 model. If I find out that im not using the bed that much in my screw im going to get a Suburban. More power,better fuel, more comfertable. We`ve had the Tahoe for 15 months and its been to the dealer once for an inspection sticker thats it. Plus on star is great. Still like the F-150 but ford needs to step up.
I feel your pain. I think you'll be happy with a tuner, I will personnally recommend the edge because thats the only thing I've used. I use to work at a large chevy dealership, and to tell you the truth I was never impressed with the throttle of the thaoe/silverado/suburbans. What I didn't like about it was that it seemed to touchy, youd push the pedal down and it would just barely go, then you give a little more and it would throw your dead back. Just not very smooth or anything in between. just my .02.
Now back on track, Yes, the f-150 needs some help to be comparable for throttle response, but my truck did a complete turn around after the tuner. I think it is better NOW than than the Chevs.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:15 PM
ok guys after waiting about 2 weeks and letting the pcm settle in I m now averaging 6.92-7.16sec 0-60 with wheelspin

I like this alot...... I never thought my truck would do this....

Hopeppfully i'll get e-fans next

Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by gobra
I think MM25FTX left to go do some "Josiah" 0-60 runs....

No harm intended Josiah, BTW

Just as long as he films like Josiah... I want to see some SPEED!!!

Old 01-27-2006, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Papi
Just as long as he films like Josiah... I want to see some SPEED!!!
Originally Posted by gobra
I think MM25FTX left to go do some "Josiah" 0-60 runs....

No harm intended Josiah, BTW
course not. And valen, you would smoke me with all the mods I have right now. Damn Troyer tune didn't do much for me. You would especially smoke me with my flows on, I just lost tonight to a new maxima (I believe). What an embarrassment. I think I am going to put my magnaflow back on after that race. I can't take it. Then again, you're 2wd, so that makes sense. If I had my magnaflows back on I might beat you in 40 degree weather (seriously). I ran just under a 7 second 0-60 when it was 40 degrees out.

Last edited by Josiah; 01-27-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=hmfic]
Originally Posted by 05supercrew

I feel your pain. I think you'll be happy with a tuner, I will personnally recommend the edge because thats the only thing I've used. I use to work at a large chevy dealership, and to tell you the truth I was never impressed with the throttle of the thaoe/silverado/suburbans. What I didn't like about it was that it seemed to touchy, youd push the pedal down and it would just barely go, then you give a little more and it would throw your dead back. Just not very smooth or anything in between. just my .02.
Now back on track, Yes, the f-150 needs some help to be comparable for throttle response, but my truck did a complete turn around after the tuner. I think it is better NOW than than the Chevs.
Our Tahoe is good from a dead stop all the way to full throttle. I would never think about getting a programer for that and I was hoping the same for the f-150. I like the edge alot but want to get other mods first and a programer is probably one of the last things on my list. My screw is just to heavy to worry about 0-60s. But there is no passing gear what so ever and off the line sucks. The dealer even told me to get gears. So the Edge will have to be on the list in about a year. I hope your right about the Edge. Thank you.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
course not. And valen, you would smoke me with all the mods I have right now. Damn Troyer tune. You would especially smoke me with my flows on, I just lost tonight to a new maxima (I believe). What an embarrassment. I think I am going to put my magnaflow back on after that race. I can't take it. Then again, you're 2wd, so that makes sense. If I had my magnaflows back on I might beat you in 40 degree weather (seriously). I ran just under a 7 second 0-60 when it was 40 degrees out.
Those new maximas have some ***** to them now. 265hp straight from the factory.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
Those new maximas have some ***** to them now. 265hp straight from the factory.
The gap between us was just getting bigger and bigger and farther and farther away faster and faster, so he was still gaining power when I was at my peak. My truck is back to slow. I raced a guy I had problems with back in the high school in a v6 stick F150 (maybe a year 2000). I smoked him but he was able to keep up through the entire first gear, until he shifted. If it was an auto I might have been in trouble. I'm pretty disappointed with my trucks power as is right now. I ordered my wheels and lift, 6" fabtech with 35" nitto mud grapp's on 20" mazzi hulks.

Quick Reply: EDGE Evolution intitial impressions