2004 - 2008 F-150

Twin Turbo 2005 F150

Old 12-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I can't stand the people who bash the people who want to put more power into their trucks. . .

So tell me this, can a Mustang go romping through the woods and mud holes? or hell can it even carry sheets of plywood. No, I don't think so.

Hell yes! Someone finally understands.....who cares if it is a truck or a car or a boat or airplane.....it is YOUR vehicle and you can do whatever you want to it to make it suit your taste. There is a guy at work that can't for the life of him understand why I put a supercharger on my truck. He said "it makes no sense, why don't you get something that's fast to start with to mod". I told him I like to see the faces of about 80% of the ricers on the road with an intake and exhaust that think their car is fast get smoked by a 6000 lb truck.........that's why. It's just something different that you don't see every day like everyone else that goes with the norm. Mad props on the turbo! Can't wait to see it installed, hell the installation is half the fun I think

Old 12-04-2005, 12:03 PM
it was MY opinion,im allowed that ,correct?different strokes for different folks.ive done ALOT with turboes and making custom kits.if you were to buy all new,you will spend very close to that much to do it right.you will need to have it on a dyno and tunned,and that not cheap.start adding up the parts,there are a ton of little parts you will need that you are not even thinking of im sure,custom made manifolds will cost atleast $1500 if they are worth anything and made not to crack.injectors, programmer ,intercooler, piping,blow off valve, wastegates,gauges to monitor everything,alot of stainless steel hosing and clamps and dont forget the actual turbos that will cost atleast $800 each,thats just for cheaper ones.make a list and add it up.

this is in no way some sort of bash,just my opinion and telling you to really thin about it.you will have reliabilty problems as well,you will possably need to rebuild the bottom end of the motor if you push too much boost.you will have overheating problems to deal with.i have done quit a few custom kits and these are allways concerns when doing such a project.

ill even help you with a list and get you $ for parts if you want.i only suggested a mustang becuase they are alot lighter than the ford,and no they cant haul plywood.if i were to dump that kind of $$ into a car,hauling plywood would not be a factor to why i did it to that car.if you did a single turbo set up you could save alot of cash and even still boost close to the same probably.

im totally here for advise and ill help you if you need.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
What a hater. . .

I am not a hater or a basher. I just hate it when people post things that are just pipe dreams. I will wait and see what happens in time with this twin turbo install and if this install comes to life I take back any negative comments. ok bunny.!

Old 12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't understand why people think these trucks are slow! Perhaps you guys have driven sports cars your whole lives. Power in a truck is a whole lot different than power in a car. My last truck was a 1990 F250 with the 351w and a 5 speed with 4.10 gears. That truck was VERY slow (about all I raced and beat was Volkswagens (the old ones!) but it had tons of power. I have a 2005 F150 with the 'lowly' 4.6L and this thing pins me back in my seat. I can spin my tires off the line, and I have 20 inch rims and 32 inch tires with 3.55 gearing. It feels plenty fast to me. I don't understand the mentality that even with a supercharger these trucks are slow. Anything that weighs 6000 pounds and runs in the 14s in the 1/4 mile is FAST in my opinion!

Old 12-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by inurok
I am not a hater or a basher. I just hate it when people post things that are just pipe dreams. I will wait and see what happens in time with this twin turbo install and if this install comes to life I take back any negative comments. ok bunny.!
If you last that long around here. . .

Old 12-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Thumbs up

Well guys I just ordered 2 JDM 50mm wastegates, A turbosmart BOV, a/f and boost gauges..as well as the monster intercooler....pics below...

Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Old 12-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I just dont get it, why dont you build your bottom end first ?

Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by asinatra
I just dont get it, why dont you build your bottom end first ?

Because I am not running that much boost first of, and also my fabricator gets extremely booked...I will be building up the engine in the next couple months...but at least the turbo kit will bedone.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:12 AM
I think this is just so cool, I would love to do the same. My truck feels so slow after driving my 12 second Dodge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo 2005 F150