2004 - 2008 F-150

Driver side mirror glass replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side mirror glass replacement

Looking for suggestions.
Someone clipped my driver's side mirror and popped the mirror glass bracket out and shattered the mirror glass. Where can I find a replacement mirror glass. How do I make it stick to the bracket? Or, do I just buy a whole new mirror assembly?

2004 F150, power mirrors, no heat, no no turn signal.

Thanks.

Last edited by SJDR; 11-07-2005 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added email link
Old 11-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by SJDR
Looking for suggestions.
Someone clipped my driver's side mirror and popped the mirror glass bracket out and shattered the mirror glass. Where can I find a replacement mirror glass. How do I make it stick to the bracket? Or, do I just buy a whole new mirror assembly?

2004 F150, power mirrors, no heat, no no turn signal.

Thanks.
Ford should sell just the glass. They did for my Mark 8.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Same thing happened to my passenger side mirror. Except it actually broke of the tabs that hold the glass in. I have the lariat with the built in turnsignals and defrosters, and the entire mirror assembly was only $110 from my dealership.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:50 PM
4L3Z-17K707-AA

You should be able to get this at your local dealer for around $30

Old 11-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SJDR I too am looking for help. I have the same mirror but my problem is a missing plastic cover. The main cover that dresses the frontal area of the mirror. The rest of my mirror is fine. Ford says they don't sell this part separately. Whatever you decide to do, I would buy your cover.
I have seen aftermarket complete mirrors on e-bay if that is any help.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Someone clipped mine the first week I had my truck. I went to Ford expecting to spend a grip....spent 25.00 to replace the glass piece if thats all that needs replacing.

If its the whole mirror, its still not bad...110.00 or so.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
a couple of weeks ago, i got my whole mirror replaced.. i was offered a discount. just look for the right dealer to avoid spending much..

Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
someone stole my glass. i got a new mirror from allanvigilford.com. my local dealer. got it shipped for $16 i posted several months ago about it

Old 11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by asinatra
4L3Z-17K707-AA

You should be able to get this at your local dealer for around $30

True dat! Mine got broken at a carwash two days after I bought the truck!

Old 11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by sspangl
someone stole my glass. i got a new mirror from allanvigilford.com. my local dealer. got it shipped for $16 i posted several months ago about it
Did you replace the entire mirror or just the glass. If just the glass, how does it attach? just snaps in?
If you replaced the whole mirror, do you have the old one? I am looking for the plastic cover, driver's side. [the frontal area ]
Thanks

Old 11-08-2005, 01:17 AM
I just replaced the glass. yes it just has a little plastic bracket on the back and it pops right in. ( i have the heated mirror so i had to plug in the wire too). If you go to the parts dept of the website i gave you, you can order each component seperatly.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Me Too

Team,
Son (with driving permit for 8 weeks) just mashed my dirvers side mirror on the garage door. Snapped the four posts that hold the front cowling on. I'll be looking for a new cowling, but I hope someone can help me with clarifying the actual removal of the mirror...to gain access to the screws which hold the four proken broken posts. Just pulls straight off?? I'd hate to break this too.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Old 11-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by sspangl
I just replaced the glass. yes it just has a little plastic bracket on the back and it pops right in. ( i have the heated mirror so i had to plug in the wire too). If you go to the parts dept of the website i gave you, you can order each component seperatly.
Thanks, but I cannot get the part that I need from Ford. The main front cover or cowling. I am looking for someone with an otherwise broken/junk mirror to salvage this part from. I see another posting here from EAFTruck who is having the same problem as I.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Unhappy

EAF Truck Read above. I am having the same problem as you. Part non-available from Ford. We would have to salvage this part from a scrapped mirror. In answer to your question on how to remove remainder of the front broken cover/cowling......
You need to have the glass out of the way to get to the screw heads. I understand that you simply pop the glass into place when replacing it, so I guess you pop it out to gain access to the screw heads. I have not been brave enough to do this yet. Besides, the first thing we have to do is find the replacement cowling.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by EAFTruck
Team,
Son (with driving permit for 8 weeks) just mashed my dirvers side mirror on the garage door. Snapped the four posts that hold the front cowling on. I'll be looking for a new cowling, but I hope someone can help me with clarifying the actual removal of the mirror...to gain access to the screws which hold the four proken broken posts. Just pulls straight off?? I'd hate to break this too.

Semper Fi!
Scott
You have to remove the interior door panel to gain access to the four bolts that hold the mirror on the truck.

Quick Reply: Driver side mirror glass replacement