2004 - 2008 F-150

Going to a different dealership than where i got my truck...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to a different dealership than where i got my truck...

Ok, so my question is would it be a **** move to take my truck to a different dealership than the one i got it at.

Let me give you some background, the dealership closest to me i was goign to get my truck from originally but they only wanted to give me $500-1,000 for my trade in (a 2001 Ranger XLT 4x4 xcab). The blue book is $13,000. I walked out and never went back, they guy has called me consistently up until i stoped even answering his calles. He really wanted my business. But it old him straight up give more for my trade in, he only went up to $2,500. So i walked.

I went to the second closes they offered me $5,500. So i almost got it there, but then i rememberd about my cousin working in used cars at a big dealership in Detroit, so they said they woudl give me $9,899 sight un seen. So i took it, and my monthly payment was great! $299 a month.

Anyways woudl it be a **** move to take it to the first dealership to get a few things done? I dont want to **** anyone off so they mess with my truck.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every Ford dealer has to honor your warranty. Our service department used to love having customers come into the shop that purchased their cars/trucks from different dealers because it was generating work. If a dealer is pissed you didn't buy from them it is only their fault for not giving you the best deal.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I take mine to the dealership around the corner from my house. Not where I bought it. I've been in arguments with a few service reps there over warranty issues too. But the way I see it I'm going to do what’s covenant for me. There going to fix it whether they like it or not, and if they do a bad job, well.... they’ll just have to do it again and again till its right. They've learned over time how particular I am.

So do what is more covenant for you! Who care what they think.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KingVinnie
I take mine to the dealership around the corner from my house. Not where I bought it. I've been in arguments with a few service reps there over warranty issues too. But the way I see it I'm going to do what’s covenant for me. There going to fix it whether they like it or not, and if they do a bad job, well.... they’ll just have to do it again and again till its right. They've learned over time how particular I am.

So do what is more covenant for you! Who care what they think.
Great response Vinnie. Couldn't have said it better myself. Being a pushover will get you nowhere, just think about what they were offering for your Ranger and the reason you are going there, that should stir you up a bit if you're not 100% satisfied. Don't let them push you around, they have way more money than you and some dealerships, not all, are very shady with warranty work. Boy do I have a horror story for you. If it were me, I would have 0 patience with them, they tried to cheat you if you ask me.

Last edited by Josiah; 10-12-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by spotdog14
Anyways woudl it be a **** move to take it to the first dealership to get a few things done? I dont want to **** anyone off so they mess with my truck.
I was in kinda similar situation once, in my experiences i figured this out. The salesman i was talking to, had LITTLE to NONE experience OR connection with the service department, kinda like they were different companies, but in the same FORD building. I had one tech question after the other for the sales rep, and he simply said "I dont know, go ask the service manager". So unless they are working together against you, (given the salesrep actually has something against you) i wouldnt worry about it. AND the other guys are right, if they screw something up.. take it back again and again. Thats what warranties are fore

Old 10-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Suspended
sales and service are seperate even at the same dealership. Allways go where you get the best deal...

Old 10-12-2005, 04:30 PM
You're free to go wherever you want. Although if they wanted to hose you on the trade, they are likely just hosers.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM
I bought my truck through an "independent" dealer who has an affiliation with a dealership in Kansas. I told him what I wanted, he had it brought into town, I wrote him a check, he handed me the keys, we shook hands, I drove away. Best new car purchase EVER. But, what to do about maintenance? His suggestion? Take it to the Lincoln dealership just down the road. Never been happier with a service department in my life (in fairness I haven't seen them much yet, but I did go meet with the service manager who was happy to have me as a client). I was worried they wouldn't be as proficient as "true" Ford mechanics. Then I saw those Mark LTs sitting on the lot. Just like my KR but not quite as nice.

And it seems they cater to a slightly upscale crowd, so they’re very professional and very courteous. I hope I’m not letting a cat out of the bag here, but I’ll probably never go back to a Ford dealership for service.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:06 PM
your warrenty is valid every where it has a blue oval.i get the same things with honda's

Old 10-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Hell I would have carried it up there and shown it to them as soon as I bought it just to let them know you got it. Its them that should be ashamed that they couldnt work a deal with you.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
I would never take my truck to the dealer I bought it from for service. Their mechanics are the most incompetent grease monkeys you've ever seen. So, to answer your question, take it to the people you trust most to do the work right the first time.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Just remove any stickers or license plate brackets that have the dealers name on it. Then when its in the shop, it won't stand out that you bought it elsewhere..

Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You're entitled to take your truck wherever you please. Just be advised, some vindictive dealers may not give you "preferential treatment" because you drove elsewhere and bought a vehicle.

Quick Reply: Going to a different dealership than where i got my truck...