2004 - 2008 F-150

Let's See Your Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought some GTcovers in sythetic leather. They had the same kludge setup on the fold down center seat as every other slip on set. They looked great on the seats, but the fit had some issues and the stitching was bad enough that I sent them back.
In neopreme or cloth, and if you are willing to put up with the lousy aftermarket look on the center seat when it is folded down, they would be a good choice. Much cheaper.
In my gallery in the other forum is a bunch of shots of their darker gray, and I did a write
up. GTcovers.
Chris

Old 10-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Where is the write up? I'd like to read that. The center seat is not a problem for me because I have a center console.
So those sound like something to take a look at.
And do you have a link to those pics? I looked in your gallery but I guess it's not the right one?

Old 10-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Sorry was heading out the door, should have posted a link or two.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...light=gtcovers

It's a competing forum, really quite different. Each of these places have their own style, things of interest, you might say flavor.

In that forum you click on posters name and select gallery, but the thread should show you everthing you asked for.
Chris

Old 10-08-2005, 10:46 PM

Chris,
Those look really nice, but I'll trust you on the quality observation. It seems to me that the pictures on their site may be a little misleading compared to your actual pictures. Too bad, cause that was a great price.
And one question about the leatherette; Did it feel more like real leather or vinyl? Cause it looked like vinyl seats in your truck.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by tardman91
I would go with the leather, if only it came in grey. I don't like the look of the black leather with my grey interior. There's not enough black in the cab, or even darker grey, to balance it out enough for me. I just really want some neoprene seat covers, or leather, in grey.
The catch is that I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, which is beginning to seem less and less likely.
Really, I should just get my seats scotch-guarded or something.
You are just wrong Tadman the black looks much better than grey.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by cards89
You are just wrong Tadman the black looks much better than grey.
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But I'm very particular and I don't think that I would like the solid black against my dark flint interior. Maybe if I had an FX4 it would look better, but not in the XLT. At least not to me. I actually LOVE the way that the seats in my truck look, I just hate the material. It shows EVERYTHING!! If had big bucks to spend I would have some leather custom tailored to exactly match the dark flint 2-tone cloth.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Chris,
Those look really nice, but I'll trust you on the quality observation. It seems to me that the pictures on their site may be a little misleading compared to your actual pictures. Too bad, cause that was a great price.
And one question about the leatherette; Did it feel more like real leather or vinyl? Cause it looked like vinyl seats in your truck.
Lost me a little on the question? The Gray leatherette did look very like leather. Not as much 'grain' or texture as some leather seats, more than other.

Example ETC leather seats have no grain, they are smooth like kid gloves. These are VERY expensive seats.

The stock Ford leather in my truck now, the actual leather is 'rough' or grainy with lots of texture, almost like a Jaguar seat from the Sixties.

With the leatheret GT covers, if they had fit a fraction better and not had stiching problems, they could have passed for 'kid' type leather.
Well, to a casual inspection.

Big problem with any of the aftermarket slip on seat covers is that center 20.
you will notice that when people post their picts, the center seat is always up on the WO or others.
Get them to fold it down for what it really looks like...
That is why I went to OEM. The only other choice was Katzkins or that outfit that sells on e-bay for real leather.
Those both look great.
Chris

Old 10-08-2005, 11:15 PM
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But I'm very particular and I don't think that I would like the solid black against my dark flint interior. Maybe if I had an FX4 it would look better, but not in the XLT. At least not to me. I actually LOVE the way that the seats in my truck look, I just hate the material. It shows EVERYTHING!! If had big bucks to spend I would have some leather custom tailored to exactly match the dark flint 2-tone cloth.

I know what you mean, but really the black is nice. You saw my picts with the 'dark gray' covers, and while I liked the color, I actually like my black ones better.
Now in my interior there is a lot of black, and that includes a black leather steering wheel, and my Ventvisors, side and rear. May make a difference. I considered putting black floor mats in to 'complete' the set, but still thinking about it.

If you have that two tone Dark gray, light gray center, that is pretty nice.

The light gray in the center of the two tone is much darker than the light gray interior.
I know, I've had the seats side by side.
I gutted a pair of the two tone to power my light grays. That dark gray is within an inch of Ford black, which is actually Charcoal Gray, according to the fabric sellers.
Chris

Old 10-08-2005, 11:29 PM

I have captains chairs so that center 20% isn't a problem for me. I just want something that slips on, looks good, and won't cost me an arm and a leg. Those GT covers look like the best option so far.
Do you think that stitching problem was just a defect in your set or a flaw in the design?

Old 10-08-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm gonna have to say that the Leatheret is too thin for the close stiching.
The way the seat cover fit on the seat bottom was fine. On the back, you wanted to pull the sides down another three inches, but the under the top of the seat (it pulls through and hooks to the back, sorta like the factory) was too long, so the cover wasn't 'taut' even with the lumbar fully expanded.

On a cloth seat that would not be a big problem.
If you don't have the seat belt on the back, and don't have the center 20 they are probably a good choice as they are quite cheap for the product.
I think in a 'wetsuit' or some kind of cloth they would work out OK.

No one would think they were stock.

There is another vendor, on e-bay, IGGIE I think, always lists for F150 seat covers.
They make a custom for this truck. You might take a look read the feedback comments, which gives you a pretty large section of reviews.

Chris

Old 10-09-2005, 12:06 AM

I don't see that vendor on ebay, but I'll keep looking.
The only hesitation with purchasing covers on-line that I have is returning them if I am not satisfied. It just becomes a big hassle to have to deal with that stuff through the mail. So I either want to be sure I'm getting a terrific product or that I am purchasing something locally.
So, for now, the search continues...

Last edited by tardman91; 10-09-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Old 10-09-2005, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by donniep3
Thanks!
Those look pretty nice. I bet the charcoal/black would look pretty good.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:43 AM
No problem. I have the tan interior and was looking at these until a set of OEM's came up. They were ripped on the head rest holes, so if the seller can't/won't replace them I will be going with a two tone Katzkin set.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Dang, I said IGGIE, and it's IGGEE. Oh well.
Note the large velcro 'zipper' down the side on the Scab/Reg cover. Also note that just like everyone else they can not get that center 20 right.

I think these would be OK, for the price. But do not expect them to look as good as stock seatcovers.

World of difference in hog ring vs. slip over.

donniep3, who was the vendor on your seats? Torn/ripped at the headrest?
details, please.
Chris

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Seats!