2004 - 2008 F-150

Let's See Your Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidlem
I only have a reg cab so does anybody just need the rear seat covers? I'd be happy to split up the eBay auction. email/pm me and we can set something up

Good luck, I have a set left over in the classifieds, no offers.
The rear seats by themselves just don't seem to normally sell well.
Although I did see a rear only leftover go on e-bay for 66 bucks.... Which is kinda odd since the whole set is 79...
Chris

Old 10-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Do they have those leather seat covers on E-Bay for a 05 Super Cab? I only found them listed for the crew cab. They look freakin sweet and I would love to make them my next mod!

Old 10-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by 05FX4SCW
Do they have those leather seat covers on E-Bay for a 05 Super Cab? I only found them listed for the crew cab. They look freakin sweet and I would love to make them my next mod!

Not that I have seen, and I did look for 9 months...
There are lots of posts/threads on putting the Screw seat covers in the Scab. I wrote up putting them in the Reg cab.
Big expense is the center 20 as only a very few of the sets come with that. The other expense, not quite as big is moding the rear seat. It's been posted in this thread and others.

The total cost if you do the main work yourself can run from just the cost of the covers (105-130) to 300-325 if you farm out the center and the rear seat.
Chris

Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I have the captains chair up front so I dont really need to worry about the center front. The front Covers should work for both..... if they make them for the Captains Chairs...... How hard would it be just to mod the back seat covers?

Old 10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by 05FX4SCW
I have the captains chair up front so I dont really need to worry about the center front. The front Covers should work for both..... if they make them for the Captains Chairs...... How hard would it be just to mod the back seat covers?
There is no such thing, sadly as a 'captain's chair' in the F-150. A captain's chair is a swivel with armrests. Ford decided to 'borrow' that name to mislead buyers into thinking that they were getting a different seat from the 'bench' which they also are not selling... The 40-20-40 seat is the same seats.
I have torn down and rebuilt them several times. Supercrew seats are the same as Supercab, regular cab, console, 20% whatever. The differences are in the seat belt mount and in the way the seat rocks forward. The Screw seat covers lack one hole in the top, which a pair of scissors fixes nicely.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/li...light=hog+ring

https://www.f150online.com/forums/li...ght=destroying

https://www.f150online.com/forums/li...d.php?t=394813

I already pasted this in the earlier part of this very thread.

With a console, you go on e-bay and the day you buy the covers, you also buy the 'flow through' console. 45 bucks buy it now. When it comes in, you can toss what you don't want, and use the lid in black leather...
Or just keep the lid gray and save the 45 bucks.

Find a local shop that will tailor the rear seat. If you pull the seat out and leave it you will get a much better price.
Chris

Old 10-06-2005, 09:03 PM
These are the best looking seat covers I've seen yet. They belong to Red Wing Nut. (Avs Rule!)

Old 10-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Those are sweet. Do you know if they are covers that go over the seat or do they totally replace the original covers? I wonder where they came from and how much they cost?
Anybody know?

Old 10-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by tardman91
Those are sweet. Do you know if they are covers that go over the seat or do they totally replace the original covers? I wonder where they came from and how much they cost?
Anybody know?
They look like Wet Okoles to me. With the options he has I would guess 300.00 just for the front seat.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:53 AM

I think I might go and get the Mossy Oak camo covers they sell at Wal-Mart. They look decent and they're cheap. And I get 10% off since I work there.

Anybody have these? Any opinions on them?

Old 10-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by jocacliff
They look like Wet Okoles to me. With the options he has I would guess 300.00 just for the front seat.
Yep, and I think they are a little higher than 3 bills.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 PM
hey Tardman91, if you're looking for high quality seat covers that don't require modifications or taking your entire seat apart then you should go with wetokole. They are pretty expensive, I just bought mine last week and they cost almost $600 for front and back, but they look sweet. But I will admit it took me a while to part with 600 dollars for seat covers. I wanted to buy rims but since my dad wont let me I decided to spend it on seat covers and a sound system.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Just buy the leather seat covers. I bought the leather for 119.00 shipped. 48.00 to sew the back up. Looks good got the line in the middle straight all the way across. And quoted me 95.00 to do my front center with matching premium vinyl (which is what Ford gives you unless you buy a KR). So 262.00 for Latriat level leather. Plus a weekend of your time. Doing the seats isn't that bad on a screw. The back seat was the hardest just unbolting it. I did the front seat bottoms inside while I watched the race. And finished up by dinner time on Sunday. It is not horribly hard if you take your time and think it out.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:15 AM

I would go with the leather, if only it came in grey. I don't like the look of the black leather with my grey interior. There's not enough black in the cab, or even darker grey, to balance it out enough for me. I just really want some neoprene seat covers, or leather, in grey.
The catch is that I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, which is beginning to seem less and less likely.
Really, I should just get my seats scotch-guarded or something.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by tardman91
I would go with the leather, if only it came in grey. I don't like the look of the black leather with my grey interior. There's not enough black in the cab, or even darker grey, to balance it out enough for me. I just really want some neoprene seat covers, or leather, in grey.
The catch is that I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, which is beginning to seem less and less likely.
Really, I should just get my seats scotch-guarded or something.
If you are looking for grey and don't want to pay to much these are cheaper than leather but suppose to look the same. I would go with katzkins if you want the leather.
http://www.auto-interior.com/vinylprice.htm

Old 10-08-2005, 08:12 AM

The only catch with those is I'm looking to NOT have to replace the factory covers, I just want something to go over them.

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Seats!