2004 - 2008 F-150

roush s/c install q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roush s/c install q's

my roush will be here friday and im going to be installing it sat.

does anybody know if there is there anything i need to get other than what comes with the kit? special tools? etc...

thanks

Last edited by Smok][n; 09-26-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Smok][n

does anybody know if there is there anything i need to get other than what comes with the kit? new spark plugs? special tools? etc...

thanks
Give us a GOOD write up and lots of pictures when you do the instal if you would PLEASE .... I keep passing on the SC because of the cost and if I really thought I could do the install ..... SO TEMPTING !!! You truck will be awesome with the SC !!!
AND where are the most recent pictures of the truck with all the new body pieces installed ???

Old 09-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Yes ME to drive Nah I don't know what it comes with but always remember that when you add more airflow, you need the right mixture of fuel to go with it.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by Smok][n

does anybody know if there is there anything i need to get other than what comes with the kit? special tools? etc...

thanks
its all comes in 3 boxes even a pre paid fedx overnight box for the pcm that has to be sent to roush for reflash then over night back to u. nice set up. to get the 3year warr the dealer has to do the install

Old 09-27-2005, 01:34 AM
ah i didnt know u had to send the pcm in i guess i just assumed it was some sort of turner device they give to u...

and im not too worried aout the warranty, ive accepted the fact that pretty much NOTHING on my truck will be covered

and CRF250Racer, the most recent pics i have are in my gallery under the trucks section, i did get the missing side skirts on, but my hood scoop is off and ready for paint. i was gonna wait to get all the paint work done b4 i took new pics but ill def. get pics and a write up of the install

Last edited by Smok][n; 09-27-2005 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Good luck on the install. I had mine installed by the local Ford Roush dealer and they did a great job. If there is any way you could get the PCM off Friday and ship it out Friday, that would be best. Otherwise, you won't get the PCM back until Wednesday.

One more note: The s/c is very noisy, but it can be toned down if you want. While you have the intake manifold off, put some layers of Dynamat/Hushmat on the firewall behind the intake. This will help some and it doesn't hurt anything. If you want more sound deadening tips, let me know and I will tell you what all I did.

In terms of performance gains for the dollars spent, I would give it a 7 out of 10. Before I deadened the sound, the noise was not worth the performance gain.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Tun2One, please explain noisy? Is it a typical roots style "whine" or something different? I am looking at purchasing the Roush kit, and am curious if there is a certain RPM where it is the noisiest. How is it with the cruise set at 60 to 70 MPH in the cab? How did you fasten the sound deadening mat to the firewall? Thanks, for your feedback.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Hessdk
Tun2One, please explain noisy? Is it a typical roots style "whine" or something different? I am looking at purchasing the Roush kit, and am curious if there is a certain RPM where it is the noisiest. How is it with the cruise set at 60 to 70 MPH in the cab? How did you fasten the sound deadening mat to the firewall? Thanks, for your feedback.
It's the whine. Here is an example of what the the s/c sounds like with no noise reduction:

Rousch Supercharged F150

Here is the sound of mine after major sound deadening. The best way to compare the two sounds is to make sure the turn signal noise is the same llevel in each. My sound clip starts with normal acceleration then I'm at WOT at the end.

Roush Supercharged F150 with sound deadening

Old 09-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Dude, make sure you tell us how the install went. Plan on getting one soon and doing the install myself.

I love the whine, some like it quiet, but I love my charger to be heard. If it's like the older roots on the lightnings you can fill the silencer holes and make it even louder.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:46 PM
who has te best prices on the kit? and yes would like to know how the install went. Plan on putting mine on myself also.

Quick Reply: roush s/c install q's