2004 - 2008 F-150

Convince me to buy a 2006 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convince me to buy a 2006 F-150

O.K. guys, I have been looking at the new F-150 since the first spy photos came out in 2003. I also test drove one back in 04 but was very disappointed in the lack of performance and acceleration. Since then I have read nothing but problems.....
Front end nibble
Rear end Vibration
Rattle in headliner
Rattle in dash/ashtray
Weak acceleration
Weak Air conditioning.....

I tell you, all these posts really have me spooked. I can deal with the lack of power as I will prolly get intake, chip and exhaust but what about all the other stuff. I really like the looks of that truck but I want something that will last. My current full size 1994 Chevy Blazer has over 157,000 miles and has been pretty much trouble free. I would like to have the same experience with my next truck.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Jeez, haven't even bought one and already it has a list of problems. Maybe you would be better off with something else.

I hear that Schwinns are pretty fine, but then I've also heard that since the buyout things are not quite the same.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Craz3d,

Do you know if Ford actually changed anything to fix the vibe issue for 06? You are right, I can probbaly fix any dash rattle (if one exists) and I am not a drag racer but the vibe thing is a concern.

myst,

Why is it that the internet is like talking to a room full of drunks. They all think they are tuff because they cant get a poke in the nose. I work hard for my money and 30-40 grand is a large purchase for me and my family. I am trying to make the best purchase I can and do proper research. If you have nothing useful to say, go away.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Not to say anything bad, but just compare a NEW 2006 Ford Truck, an F150 with a 5.4L with a nice sounding Exhaust system, Intake and Tune by Troyer Performance , to your Chevy Blazer 5.7 V8. with 157,000.

Right off the bat, you shouldn't have any trouble out accelerating the Blazer.
keep in mind the truck weighs at least 5500lbs, compared to the Blazer.

I have an all Black truck that blows Ice cold air in the desert here in Vegas where all of July was at least 110 degrees and 98 at night for the average low. Keep in mind that's DRY heat. And will still out accelerate and smoke your Blazer.

The rattle/vibration/headliner vibration problem is not in every F150.

Hope to see pics of your new F150 soon!!
EDITED-------
I had to edit this because I didn't pay attention to the FULL SIZE part on the Blazer the first time I read it. but I'm stickin to my word!

Last edited by Vegas04FX4; 08-11-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM
hey man, ive got a true 05, have had it for about 4 months now... i have no problems with it at all- no vibe, no rattles not faulty switches etc- its running like a charm...those problems, when present were almost always in the 04's- we're past that now. even with the engine lag...you will have the most up to date pcm out there and it cant be that bad, people are buying em up left and right... i guess it depends on what you're coming from, I was in a 92 jeep, so i see no problem with the way my truck moves out comparitively go order your 06, you wont regret it-- remember to post the pics!
JJ

Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you need to be convinced to buy an new F150, I think you need help!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Wish i could help you in your decision, but my early build (7/03) F-150 does not have any of the symptoms you described.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Vegas,

I DO NOT accept your challenge.... I am sure your 300 hp truck will smoke my 200 hp Blazer ....as for the rest of you...THANKS, that is exactly what I need to hear...some positive posts about their trucks....no vibes, cold A/C..etc

Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 PM
If you need someone to convince you to buy it, then if I were you I wouldn't buy one. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I guess it just comes natural. I would never buy a vehicle that I had to be talked into. The reason being is that "IF" any problems arise you'll always think to yourself "I never should've listened to those people on that website". You said you like the looks of the truck but if you're worried about problems already, I can gaurantee you'll find some if you buy the truck. My mom always told me if you go looking for trouble you'll find it. And guess what, whenever I went looking for it I found it.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by GB150
If you need someone to convince you to buy it, then if I were you I wouldn't buy one. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I guess it just comes natural. I would never buy a vehicle that I had to be talked into. The reason being is that "IF" any problems arise you'll always think to yourself "I never should've listened to those people on that website". You said you like the looks of the truck but if you're worried about problems already, I can gaurantee you'll find some if you buy the truck. My mom always told me if you go looking for trouble you'll find it. And guess what, whenever I went looking for it I found it.
This has been the best post in this thread and the most true. I really couldn't of said it any better. Very well said.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:38 PM
All I gotta say is that I'm not a chevy/dodge hater, but 2 of my good buddies have 04 Silverados, nothing but problems with both of them, one mostly with the tranny and windsheild, the other, the cloth seats faded and look like they came out of a 1985 truck that was stuck out in the sun all its life. Every Mfr will have their own problems, and to piggie back onto what GB150 said, I'm sure there are people on here that didn't even realize their truck had a problem until they saw the TSB on here, if it wasn't for that they would of thought they had a perfect truck, and hey, you know what, If the problem doesn't affect you, then it's not a problem!

BTW, 10,000 and she's taking one hell of a beating, no probs as of yet..

Old 08-11-2005, 07:42 PM
truthabouttrucks.com check out this website. You'll see how well built the Ford is compared to some competition. Also, you have to remember that this website would be VERY boring if it were just people talking how absolutely nothing is wrong with their truck and never has been. This website is for people to go to and find answers to questions and problems that they may be having with their trucks so of course your going to hear a lot of complaints.

I completely understand how you feel about it being a BIG purchase. It is. Good luck with your decision and I hope you choose Ford.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:43 PM
exx
I totally agrree with gb150 as well.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
From what I see here there are very few complaints.

I've seen maybe 100 different people complain here.
I haven't been a member that long.
BUT
100 people on complaining on this web site doesn't really mean much when you are talking about the top selling vehicles in America.

Now maybe 100 people complaining about the Titan. Wow that would be a lot.

BTW
2004 Lariat, 21000 miles and no problems.
Just wish they had navigation.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GB150
You said it better than I did. LOL

Quick Reply: Convince me to buy a 2006 F-150